• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DKG Disc Sports?

They claim to have software that can predict what any disc will do in your hands...that sounds interesting.

It seems fundamentally sound. If you film the thrower and take the measurements you can determine several parameters. I suppose they need to have modeled the "perfect throw" as well to compare you against. It is a neat idea, if they were smart they would bring the stuff out to big tournaments and offer good deals on the service.

i wish someone around me could give some private lessons that might help

Dkg is a company based out of Memphis. It is run by a couple of engineers that really put in some effort discovering the physics of disc golf. They created a program that dissect's your throw and by using several variables can show you what you re doing wrong and your max distance using your current form. They also just created three new discs that just got approved by the pdga. They are trying to run several ace races around the southeast to show off their new discs. I would definitely say that if you enjoy trying out new products to pick them up.

[Brings back thread from the dead]

I recently got my hands on one of the DKG discs (the Hail Mary to be exact) at a local Memphis tournament.

First impressions:
The first thing I noticed about this disc is the grip. The inner rim is rounded rather than flat like every other disc I've ever seen...very interesting to hold. Throwing it RHBH I couldn't quite get my power grip settled comfortably, but was still able to generate a decent amount of power. On the DKG website, the summary for the discs indicates that the rounded inner rim is there to reduce drag and...if you keep reading...to tailor to thumbers. That I definitely believe, because my thumb fit quite nicely into the inner rim. Granted I can't really throw thumbers to save my life, but I felt like I might have a better chance with this disc.
Some thing else I noticed (also related to the rim) is that this disc seems to skip like nobody's buisiness. I think it would work well for shorter skip drives where a strong power grip isn't necessarily needed.
So a funky disc, and a disc that has potential to excel in key areas.
I'm interested to see where this compay goes.

I remember looking at their site before and wondering how they could market software when their web site was so 1996.

DKG Disc Sports no longer in business, I'm guessing.

I bought a few of their discs back in 2010. It appears as though the company doesn't exist anymore. They were very odd discs with no rim under the outer ring. Th plastic was a smooth "hump-like" thing all around the underside of the disc(s). I just ran across one of mine - the "Wing and A Prayer" mold. I'll throw it again and remind myself of why it never made it into my bag.

I found my other DKG discs.. wow, so odd!

I still have a "Wing and a Prayer", a "Hail Mary" and a "Miracle".. names that don't really convey confidence, huh? Ha ha, no wonder they went belly up.

Latest posts