• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do Bright Colored Discs Matter?

I know it is a different situation, But, the BRIGHT NEON colors are Much easier for me to see. I also have a eye disease in my left eye that makes seeing color Difficult sometimes, especially in Overly Sunny, or Dark, conditions. So, I dig my Bright discs. :)

this is a good point JNichols - seems applicable to the colorblind folks out there as well!!

Individuals differ in their sensitivity to different colors :)

pink should be every guys favorite color! ;)

looking for
Innova "Bar Stamp" discs!
Innova "Party Time" stamp discs!
Innova pink gloss stamp discs!

Bright orange and pink are all I play. My home course LOVES to eat discs and I like to play alone. Those two colors are pretty much all I can find. When I'm buying discs COLOR and weight are huge factors. I've left the shop many times empty handed because they didn't have the color I wanted. I would just play with an all orange bag, but in the Fall it's nearly impossible to find them with all the leaves on the ground. The only place I lose discs now are in the water :(

You want colors you can find if your colorblind, I used a red disc once couldnt find the thing, I always have colors I can see, and I think we need to spread more colorblind awareness!

White, pink, and bright yellow/orange/neon colored discs are all that I throw. Keeping them in the fairway more often in the last few years has helped also. I got into this habit when I lived in Oregon during my formative years. Oregon courses love to eat discs and noob throws on top of that=I spent a lot of time searching (blackberry thickets :mad:)

7 pages saying bright discs are easier to see. Nice! For the record I agree that bright discs are easier to see!

Last edited:
Medium blue (like a lot of the current g* discs) is the best for me hands down as I have some colorblindness.
Other good ones
White, bright yellow, bright orange, some purples

I cannot see well: any greens, any pinks, dark orange, dark yellow, and tiedye. Red is very hard, almost impossible to find for me.

Answering two other questions, for me I can't see red easily on green grass, but I can tell a red disc from other discs when looking at them in my hands, the difference is subtle.

And yes knowing the disc color you are searching for helps me alot because I also look for flashes of color rather than shape. If the thrown color is red I also help look, you never know I might trip on it.

It's not that I can't find the dark discs. It's that I spend less time looking for the bright ones, and more time playing disc golf.

Throw pink!

People frequently ask me "Why are all your discs pink?". I reply "Why do you waste time searching for your disc instead of throwing?" Most of my bag is pink. I know it seems strange to some people but I honestly spend less time looking for my discs then my friends do. Some could be due to the practice but any time not searching is more time throwing!

People frequently ask me "Why are all your discs pink?". I reply "Why do you waste time searching for your disc instead of throwing?" Most of my bag is pink. I know it seems strange to some people but I honestly spend less time looking for my discs then my friends do. Some could be due to the practice but any time not searching is more time throwing!

Same here except swap out Pink and insert Fluorescent Orange. Really easy to find for me and minimal time wasted looking for hard to find discs. Think my eyes are now trained to spot orange discs anywhere. :hfive:

I still have all my pink discs

I still have all my pink discs. I have lost and replaced all of the greens, blues, reds, yellows, blacks and most of the whites. So, from an experience point of view, pink is the easiest color to find (in my area: south central PA).

I still have all my pink discs. I have lost and replaced all of the greens, blues, reds, yellows, blacks and most of the whites. So, from an experience point of view, pink is the easiest color to find (in my area: south central PA).

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During the winter I play "glow" during the week as it's already dark when I get off work. I still play day disc on the weekend so I don't want to tape beacons to all my day discs. What i have found is that a 50 LED black light will light up any bright color disc like a neon light from up to about 50' away. Also many NC courses have very thick rough or long grass where a disc that you watch from release to landing can still get lost so bright colors help in those cases as well. My buddy throws several "clear" discs and when he throws an errant drive we can spend a bunch of time looking for a disc that can disappear in medium length fairway grass. That alone prevents me from ever buying a clear disc.

You have all your discs because you only play a dozen times a year...

I prefer Dayglow, Yellow, Yellow/Green discs mostly as i find them quicker to find. I do have some blue ones as well (only distance drivers), but the funny thing is the only disc i have lost in the last few years was a dayglow yellow disc.

I also have one black disc, but it is strictly a approach disc which i only throw fan grip from 100-175 out. there is no way i should lose that disc for that distance

wow, it sounds like you lose A LOT of discs!!

Latest posts