• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do YOU agree with the "Top Course" list?

Scoot_er

* Ace Member *
I haven't played all the course on the top list but the ones I have played are pretty sweet.

Reason I posted is because Blueberry is really high up there and it isn't on my list of top 5 courses and although it may be worthy of being in the top ten IDK if it is 3rd place potential.

Anyway post your thoughts on courses you have played that you feel should be included especially if you think it is better than one already listed.

I've played the top two, and they are definitely my two favorite courses so far (out of 172), and are in the same order I would put them. I was sad to see Holler in the Hills drop off the list, I thought it was a fantastic little gem hidden away in Kentucky.

Did you put up a review of it yet?

Its been over 2 years since I've been there but I guess I will go do that.

Just seems like to me some really tough courses may be left off because people tend to review courses they play well higher.

I Love Blue Ribbon Pines, Tyler, and Idlewild is where it needs to be I just have limited knowledge of a few like Winter, Whistlers, and Conifer besides my friend saying he liked Milo more than Whistlers.

I Love Blue Ribbon Pines, Tyler, and Idlewild is where it needs to be I just have limited knowledge of a few like Winter, Whistlers, and Conifer besides my friend saying he liked Milo more than Whistlers.

having played two of the top ten (flip and winter) I have to say there is a HUGE gap of difference between the two. That's not to take anything away from Winter Park, just saying that there HAS TO BE other great courses that fill what I believe is such a stark contrast between #1 an #10.

I think the fact that so many of the top courses on here come from the same areas says more that people in certain locales are spreading the word of this site, more than it does about the actual rank of those courses. As far as I'm concerned, pretty much any courses in the Top 100 would be just as good of candidates for the Top 10 list as the ones that are listed.

Part of the problem is that most DGCR members don't have much freedom to travel outside their home area much (and if you have such great courses in your backyard, why would you?). But, it needs to be stated that out of 9000 or so accounts created, only around 350 members (less than 4% of us) have 50 or more courses under our belts. My course count is in the 130's, and I still think my experience is limited.

That being said, the top courses will gain more credibility with more time. I'm already starting to see the true cream rise when you look at the second or third page of courses listed by rank.

I think the fact that so many of the top courses on here come from the same areas says more that people in certain locales are spreading the word of this site, more than it does about the actual rank of those courses. As far as I'm concerned, pretty much any courses in the Top 100 would be just as good of candidates for the Top 10 list as the ones that are listed.

Part of the problem is that most DGCR members don't have much freedom to travel outside their home area much (and if you have such great courses in your backyard, why would you?). But, it needs to be stated that out of 9000 or so accounts created, only around 350 members (less than 4% of us) have 50 or more courses under our belts. My course count is in the 130's, and I still think my experience is limited.

That being said, the top courses will gain more credibility with more time. I'm already starting to see the true cream rise when you look at the second or third page of courses listed by rank.

That's true. Most people that I see on here are just playing courses within 100 miles of their home course.

That sucks that De Laveaga is not in the top 5. I have never been back east to play some of those courses, but damn, De Laveaga is one kick ass course. And it has, like someone else said on another thread, the most famous hole in disc golf, Top Of The Wolrd! Maybe I am just biast because that is the only famous course I have played.

DeLa is a great course, and it did used to be in the top 10, but I don't think it was the top.

I have only played Idlewild on the top ten list. Like other posters have mentioned, I am somewhat limited on my ability to travel and play, so it is really hard for me to comment on how the top ten stacks up, and if there are other courses that should be on that list.

I agree with mashnut on Holler In The Hills. Holler is a fantastic course that is privately owned but open to the public, and the owner has done a fantastic job in creating a fun, challenging, and visually appealing layout on terrain made for disc golf. Give this one a little time, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it make another appearance on the top10.

I have also only played Idlewild out of the top 10...but i think that if people were more realistic about their ratings (less 5's and fake reviews) i think it would be more accurate...i personally think that Renaissance Park should be rated higher than Idlewild, but it's not...

I've only got 1 top ten under my belt - Beaver Ranch in Conifer, but it's definitely one of my top two courses.

That sucks that De Laveaga is not in the top 5. I have never been back east to play some of those courses, but damn, De Laveaga is one kick ass course. And it has, like someone else said on another thread, the most famous hole in disc golf, Top Of The Wolrd! Maybe I am just biast because that is the only famous course I have played.

DeLa is not even close to being a top 10 course IMO. It probably ranks in my top 50 but its really way overblown. Nearby Stafford Lake would be a much closer contender.

Idlewild, Woodshed, Tyler are all deserving of the top 10 and Milo and Whistler's are close to top 10 for me but not quite there. I think a course like Iron Hill in DE begs for inclusion and of course the Whippin' Post is IMO the better of the two paw paw courses so it could easily be included and Maple Hill should definitely be in there!!

I have also only played Idlewild out of the top 10...but i think that if people were more realistic about their ratings (less 5's and fake reviews) i think it would be more accurate...i personally think that Renaissance Park should be rated higher than Idlewild, but it's not...

If you mean Renny from NC I respectfully disagree. Cool course but not as tough as I expected and too many pins on small greens. Still a great course though.

If you mean Renny from NC I respectfully disagree. Cool course but not as tough as I expected and too many pins on small greens. Still a great course though.

at least it is somewhat creative and not just pure difficulty...don't get me wrong i love idlewild...

at least it is somewhat creative and not just pure difficulty...don't get me wrong i love idlewild...

Idlewild is pretty creative and there aren't hole's where you throw a great drive just to have a weird pitch 2nd.

Renny was nice but just didn't live up to the hype and I should have taken the advice of going to Hornet's Nest to test some true woods golf..............actually maybe that is what i was so upset about...........it wasn't as wooded as I had hoped NC would be and there is no undergrowth which makes it easier too.

Ive played flip city which is at the top of the list and I absolutely loved it, but Ive never played outside michigan and I have a hard time believing that theres not a course in cali or fla or texas thats just as good. It is the best I have played so far but I would like to think theres something better out there somewhere. Next summer Im traveling a lot more to see some of these parks that get so much mention on here.

I've played two of the current top ten... last week it was three (Brackett's - rip)... used to be four (Pier Park - demoted).

Of the two i've played - Milo and Whistler's - I disagree with the order. Milo smokes Whistlers! Edge for scenery to Whistlers... but, golfwise Milo is dominant.
DSCJNKY

I haven't played any of them and truly don't have a whole hell of a lot of desire to. If i am ever in the area of one I will certainly check it out though.

I think there is too much drama involved with the whole thing.

Latest posts