• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

do you enjoy playing with yourself

When you are in the great outdoors and physically able to throw discs and walk a mile + in varied terrain, its all good. It is just a little better when you have someone to share the journey with. Those of us who don't really have a local course scene spend a lot of time driving to play courses where we don't know anyone. The interplay of you, the course, the discs, and the weather - what a sport!

It's always nice to have one or more partners. However, when the urge is overwhelming, flying solo provides the opportunity to let your creative juices flow without the risk of embarassment. Also, premature jubilation is not an issue:)

I usually don't mind playing alone, but prefer playing with a friend or two. Playing by myself is nice sometimes, because I can throw multiple drives, midranges, etc.

But playing with a friend is always nice, I love seeing my friends throw really good shots.

I love playing with myself. I can go as fast or as slow as I want. I can experiment and try new things. I can stop and take a break whenever I want to. I can switch to sidearm or even try left handed even though it feels awkward at first. I can try different angles and trajectories and speeds. I can change from the power grip to the control grip and then to the fan grip as often as I want. I like to slow down and focus on a smooth pull instead of just arm speed. So yes...I've always liked to play with myself and hopefully always will.

I usually play BY myself.

I almost always go to the course by myself and usually end up playing playing alone. It is a pain as far as looking for errant throws and two out of my three career aces have come while playing alone BUT I really don't like playing in large groups and taking 2 hours to play when I can play the same 18 in an hour.

I like playing with friends if they are available when I want to play. However, lots of times I'll play by myself while waiting for them or just play a round by myself for practice. It's nice when you go to an empty course by yourself and get the opportunity to practice your form and throw all your discs. I guess I play more by myself lately and I've seen huge improvements in my drives, so that makes me happy disc golfer.

playing solo rules. great way to work out the kinks, and more often than not i end up meeting someone new on the course who shows me a thing or two.

I enjoy it a lot... One of the guys that I play with plays like he doesn't even want to be there... He almost runs through the course... I want to go out there, enjoy the fresh air and throw a disc around...

I prefer to play early mornings (8-9am) and most of my friends don't usually get up that early so I play alone a lot. I will take the dog with me and enjoy taking a tennis ball out for him to chase while I play. I will say that playing alone early morning with no one on the course and the mp3 player volume on 11 is refreshing.

I've always been a fan of playing with myself - my wife knows that and encourages it. :)

Seriously though - I enjoy playing with people because you can compare your round, be more competitive, and have a witness for all your stories.

Of course - playing BY yourself is also awesome especially on an empty course because you can lose yourself in your game and your surroundings without having to worry about anything else. Just go out and get lost in your thoughts for a round. That's a good release.

I love playing with myself. I can go as fast or as slow as I want. I can experiment and try new things. I can stop and take a break whenever I want to. I can switch to sidearm or even try left handed even though it feels awkward at first. I can try different angles and trajectories and speeds. I can change from the power grip to the control grip and then to the fan grip as often as I want. I like to slow down and focus on a smooth pull instead of just arm speed. So yes...I've always liked to play with myself and hopefully always will.

Ok, I'm sorry to be "That Guy" but after reading the title then reading this post "with the wrong frame of mind," it's very amusing. If you were attempting for it to have a double meaning good job. If not, I apologize for being crude. :D

I usually try to play with a buddy of mine, but if he is busy, then I go to the course alone. I play a lot during my lunch hour. There are 4 courses in the area that I can go play a quick 9 and be back in an hour. The courses I go to aren't usually busy at 1:00 in the afternoon. It can be very relaxing being the only person on the course.

I always try and play with a group of friends or at least my son. On occasion, not many, I have played by DG by myself. When I do I take my Ipod with me and listen to music as I play. It was a good time, but not nearly as much fun as when with a group of friends.

The Silent Tree...

I only really have one friend near me who plays so yea I've played alone. I find it to be enjoyable because you can, for instance, play multiple drives or something of that nature. Also, I tend to be a little competitive so I get angry if I know my friend is beating me because we're the same skill level. The crappy part is if you're playing a course that's tucked in the woods cause if it's empty you feel very alone. It's always nice to have someone to chat with. Also, I fear my first ACE will happen when I'm alone. And If nobody hears a tree fall in the woods does it really fall?

I had that happen. I told my friend and they called BS. So, in reality, it never counted. :(

The good thing was, 3 weeks later I got a legit one with 7 other guys playing with me (we were playin' doubles). That 1 was 257 ft up an 80 ft hill behind a few trees

Here is something u need to try Lefty...get one with your RHBH :eek:. I did it 3 weeks ago at a night course with 4 other guys (short hole, 170 ft, behind to cottonwoods). They told me I was full of it that I was a lefty. So the next hole I drove it 340 ft. (past the hole) to prove it.

But, if I didn't practice right handed, mostly when I play alone while walkin' the dog, that would never have happened.

Play when you can play, get in where you fit in!!!! :cool:

I play by myself a lot of the time. My score is always way better as I can keep my flow and get no distractions. It's just not as much fun when you hit an amazing shot and nobody is there to see it though.

Here is something u need to try Lefty...get one with your RHBH :eek:. I did it 3 weeks ago at a night course with 4 other guys (short hole, 170 ft, behind to cottonwoods). They told me I was full of it that I was a lefty. So the next hole I drove it 340 ft. (past the hole) to prove it. :cool:

I think I'll try getting one lefty first...or for that matter being able to throw half decent lefty haha.

I prefer to play Dg with others. I don't like huge groups that slow play down but with a good friend or 2 is best.

Latest posts