• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you have a backyard practice area?

I've enjoyed every WV course I've played quite a bit. It looks like I would enjoy yours just as much! I'm quite jealous.

I have 2 acres and I used to have a complete 9 basket hole course. Now days I just focus on 3 lengths marked out in my land. 150ft, 200ft, 300ft shots.

I've enjoyed every WV course I've played quite a bit. It looks like I would enjoy yours just as much! I'm quite jealous.

Would be glad to have you over. :)

Of the 6 WV courses you have listed as played, I've played 4 of them... Both Fairmont and both Paw Paw courses. Those set the bar really high for a private course on a small piece of property.

You can definitely tell that KMDGC is "a WV course." I like to think of it like Seth Burton & Orange Crush Light! :D

Last edited:
One of my favorite courses is The Twilight Zone in Columbus, OH, and it's 18 holes on 5 acres. There's a lot of crossing fairways, but it's a private course. The golf is what matters to me, and I think they got it right.

I've a 30 ft x 15 ft backyard that I occasionally putt in, but lately I've been carrying my practice basket down the block to the neighborhood park, which is one square block and very well lit at night, with enough obstacles to make it interesting and even a little elevation. It's great for working on my <275' game. Not well trafficked after 8 pm, either, which means I can throw without disrupting anyone. I'll have to get a pic next time I'm out there!

4 baskets playing as 6 holes, ranging from roughly 160' to 300'. 3 wooded holes, 3 semi-open. I'm away now, will post some pics later.

I just have my Titan in the backyard, on about 1/3 of an acre. I have a couple small hills, but I also will throw approaches around and over the house for practice. My neighbors think I'm nuts.

Then again, I also have an 18 hole course about 800' from my front door.

My house sits on a 3 acre lot so I have plenty of room. However, I also live just about 4 miles from an 18 hole disc golf course. Consequently, I have a modified, (nine rows of inner chains added) Innova Discatcher Sport in my basement that I use for putting practice year around. If I need approach practice, the course is nearby. Best of both worlds!:)

I have a decent sized backyard, 1/2 acre give or take, but my daughter's humongous playground and the Rottweiler take precedence.

So I'm relegated to the front yard with my DD Marksmen and a DGA Portable.

I can throw some pretty decent upshots from the street and there's a few big trees in the yard to make it interesting.

Luckily for me though, I only live 2 minutes from the nearest course.

I would love to be that close to a course. Where I'm at now leaves me ten minutes from the closest course, and it's a pitch and putt.

Do you have a Finnish setup?

Just a marked off rope with tags and stakes.

I would love to be that close to a course. Where I'm at now leaves me ten minutes from the closest course, and it's a pitch and putt.

I get spoiled, but it DOES keep me from having to drive to Sheboygan to play those courses all the time.

One of my favorite courses is The Twilight Zone in Columbus, OH, and it's 18 holes on 5 acres. There's a lot of crossing fairways, but it's a private course. The golf is what matters to me, and I think they got it right.

Thanks for the props Teebird ! Hope to see ya in the yard again some day.

I'm very grateful for what I've got, but damn, Jimb, MattC, you win.

I've got a portable in my backyard. It's fenced and has a hill on the furthest edge away from the house. I can get almost 100ft putts in and also work on my terrain/hill putting up to 80ft. But where i'm really spoiled is I have an unused park that is long and skinny (skinny as in 200-300ft wide). I'm able to practice drives and elevation shots (the hill on the furthest edge of my property runs down into the park...a good 80ft rise). Also lucky the park doubles for me as dog training area and fetch area...with a lot of pheasants in the catails on one edge of the park. I do like the idea of adding at least one more basket though to maximize the practice time of going back and forth rather than pickup and walking each time.

Latest posts