• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you nickname your plastic?

My first Lat 64 disc was immediately named "The Plastic Volvo." Other than that, no nicknames for anything (and I don't even call my Lat 64 that anymore since I've picked up more of their plastic).

My Bag:
pre-proto X-Link Soft VP: rubber vomit
proto X-Link Soft Eco Summit: rubber baby
proto X-Link Soft Ridge: Ridge Forrester
11x KC Aviar: Stiffen-me Seymour
splotchy black 12x KC Aviar: Michael Jackson
beat-ass DX Gremlin: Flip Seymour Hoffman
seasoned DX Gremlin: Gizmo
STAR Gremlin: Stripe
ProLine Gremlin: AMC
Champion Whippet-x: N2O
ProLine Leopard: Spotsy
green 11x Teebird: Snotsy
11x Firebird: KITT
Champion Monarch: Napoleon
Champion Banshee: Siouxsie
R-Pro Boss: Tiny Dancer
R-Pro Katana: Bandit

Last edited:
I call my old DX Ace "Tree Basher". I only use it to smash through trees when needed from the thick rough

I call my discs that are dyed by their design rather by the mold. Like, "bob" is my FLX Drone, "Norml" is my buzzz, "haunted house" is my Stalker, etc. Keep in mind that this only happens when looking for a disc with others helping or similar situations. Since the stamps are wiped off it just makes it easier.

But when by myself (or in my head) I don't refer to them by any name.

I don't have nick names for my discs... I do put up stockings for them at christmas time though, and sometimes I leave the TV running at home so that they don't get lonely.

Yep. Not all of them, but some of them.

My putter is a Lightning U-2 I call Bono.
Until I lost him I had a Surge I called Mr. Pink (in deference to Resevior Dogs)
Then there is a putter we call Luke. Can't remember why.
My tie dye Champ Leopard is called the Chameleon because its the God awfulest color combination that can hide anywhere.

Star Wraith - ACE, my 1st ACE disc. Daredevil Wolverine - Wolvy. Ch. Monarch - Monny. I'm sure there are more but without seeing them I'm too forgetful to tell you what they are.

I have a few nicknames for mine..

Emerald - the Stingray I bought in Seattle
Princess - The first JK aviar I ever owned
Stig - The JK aviar I use primarily as a driver (curious to see if any car fans get this one)

I think there are a few more.

DX Gazelle: Tabitha, which means "Gazelle"
Star Destroyer: Mr. Bananagrabber
Champ Starfire: Frank
Champ Viking: Leif Erikson
Champ Teebird: Bruce Leebird
Elite Z Buzz: 'Asquatch (the dye job focuses on his derriere)
Banger- Mrs. Featherbottom ("Oh, I'm sorry, in the states you call it a sausage in the mouth!")

Rally racing beats the crap out of what NASCAR has become- which started off as a hybrid of rally racing and showing off who could get the moonshine from point A to point B the quickest.

They're all named "A$$hole" because they never do what I want them to.

Intriguing choice of nicknames. Is this because your own a$$hole doesn't do what you want it to do? Doesn't hold its contents when in delicate social situations? Won't release things you insert into it? Won't whistle "Dixie"? Won't act as a conduit for pregnancy, despite repeated attempts?

Please expand on this odd statement.

Star Wraith - ACE, my 1st ACE disc. Daredevil Wolverine - Wolvy. Ch. Monarch - Monny. I'm sure there are more but without seeing them I'm too forgetful to tell you what they are.

Pretty much like you, I've just taken to shortening the name and adding a -y, i.e., Valky (Valkyrie), Stingy (Stingray), Arky (Archangel), etc. Except for my Eagle. Eagly just doesn't sound right IMO....

Latest posts