• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you pivot?

When you throw do you pivot?

• Yes. On my heel.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Yes. On my toes/ ball of foot.

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • No. I don't pivot at all.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't pivot for a long time, but I was getting some knee and ankle pain in my right leg. I started pivoting on the balls of my foot, and the knee pain stopped and I got a distance boost.

I sort-of pivot around on the side of my foot during the follow through.

My shoes tell the story. There are wear marks on the balls of both soles with the right (plant leg) being the deeper. My left toe is almost worn completely through from toe drag on the follow through.

well i didnt until recently...i believe i had come pretty close to maxing out my potential "d" the way i was throwing, and then i asked one of guys i play with often what i was doing wrong to see if he could tell, and turns out i wasnt following through...i was just pulling the disc across and stopping my body...after working on this it made a huge difference almost instantly( maybe not distance wise, but it felt alot smoother and i was getting a lot better snap)

Toes all the way for approaches. Much better balance, and therefore much better accuracy. I'm not sure how I pivot when driving, but I am sure I do it.

I pivot on my toes. This can be very bad on a wed pad though. The other day I literally through my disc about 100ft behind me because of some rain and some mud.

My shoes tell the story. There are wear marks on the balls of both soles with the right (plant leg) being the deeper. My left toe is almost worn completely through from toe drag on the follow through.

I am in the same boat except that it is the inside of the heal of my oleft shoe. I am always asked by people how my shoes get so worn down in weird spots.

I don't think it's possible to pivot on your heels. You either pivot or you don't.

I played too much bball to not pivot on the balls of my feet.