• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you sign your discs?

Do you sign your discs?

• yes

Votes: 116 79.5%
  • no

Votes: 30 20.5%

• Total voters
yes, but thankfully i'm not strong enough to throw them far enough to get lost :D

You wouldn't like me too much. I ink the crap out of my discs. It gives me the info I need about the disc. I get this info from hours of field testing. I want to know what the limits of each of my discs are and what they can do for me.

It also makes them easy to spot if someone ever finds one of my discs:

Dogpictures005.jpg

Dogpictures004.jpg

I sign the top with signature and PDGA number....you mght want to get rid of the whiteout on the bottom of those if you want to play a tourney

I sign the top with signature and PDGA number....you mght want to get rid of the whiteout on the bottom of those if you want to play a tourney

It looks like he did that in paint to block his number so weirdos like you won't call him.

Are you playing in the colony tournament?

I write " EMONEY" on the back of the disc for tournaments sake,no number, because if i stopped looking and left it,i dont deserve it back.Tainted plastic

It looks like he did that in paint to block his number so weirdos like you won't call him.

Doesnt matter, still illegal. And I am pretty sure that I am

Doesnt matter its still illegal. And yes

Its changed over the 3+ years I've been playing. But now its name and phone number on the inside rim. Its helped to get a few back. And its helped to give a few back.

Always. Gotten more calls then not, but some of the ones where I never got called might not of been found. I only know of one that was found, had my name on it, but the person didn't call. Too bad they don't play more because if I saw them throwing it I'd go take it.

Always. Gotten more calls then not, but some of the ones where I never got called might not of been found. I only know of one that was found, had my name on it, but the person didn't call. Too bad they don't play more because if I saw them throwing it I'd go take it.

how are you going to go take back a disc from someone that FOUND it when you LEFT it behind. it's not like they took it from you. you had a chance to find it, but you didn't. that's not their fault. when we all put our names on discs we are hoping that whoever finds that disc, when we lose it (heaven forbid), will return it out of good nature. it's not a requirement, it's wishful thinking.

I sign them on the front. People will ask, "Hey. Who's signature is that?"

"Mine."

I put my name and number in the RIM, and i call number if they are on the disc. I mean depending on what it is I may not even want it back.

how are you going to go take back a disc from someone that FOUND it when you LEFT it behind. it's not like they took it from you. you had a chance to find it, but you didn't. that's not their fault. when we all put our names on discs we are hoping that whoever finds that disc, when we lose it (heaven forbid), will return it out of good nature. it's not a requirement, it's wishful thinking.

This has been covered in many threads before and is fairly a divisive topic. It all comes down to whether the disc fits the description of being "lost" or "abandoned". If it is inked with contact information and is "lost", then legally speaking (and there are numerous state statutes to back this up), it still belongs to the person that lost the disc in the first place. If the person that finds the disc intends to keep it, they need to make reasonable attempts to contact the original owner. In this regard, it is a requirement.

If you do a search on "abandoned" you can find the other threads that debated/argued this same topic.

It's almost universally accepted that if you find an uninked disc, it's yours.

I put my pdga # on the lip. I dont lose plastic. All discs are replaceable but I will look for one until I find it and if I give up looking for it I did not want it in the first place.

I mark all my discs as discretely as possible, not so much to get them back if I loose them, but more to verify its actually mine if I throw an ace with it.

Ball golfers all mark thier balls, not with names and phone #'s, but with a personal mark.

Its just a way to verify ownership.

I will not put my phone number on a disc, ever.
Last thing I need is some cretin calling me, wanting to promote his new website development company, and he got my number from a disc. :(

I have used the same mark for 20+ years,

PD II

nobody else uses it, so if you see a disc with it, regardless of where you are in the world, let me know.

i also sign the inside with my name, cell #, and PDGA #. I have had a few returned and have appreciated it greatly. I call every # when i find a disc and leave my contact info. I just think it's good for the sport. i would even pay a few bucks to the person that returns it. Some say it's called Karma, i believe you reap what you sow.