• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you throw in bag tags for dubs?

randomatt

Bogey Member
I was curious as to what other people do.

When you play dubs (random draw or otherwise) do you throw your tags in? Why or why not?

No.
'Cause it's Dubs.
Although, I might see how it could be done on a "challenge".

We don't but I've always thought of it this way.........

Team A has tag #1 & #5
Vs
Team B with tag #3 & #8

If Team B wins, #3 takes #1 and #8 takes #5.

Team A has tag #1 & #5
Vs
Team B with tag #3 & #8

Yes, bag tags are always in play doesn't matter if it is singles or doubles. Tags are distributed exactly as the Captain states above, the partner who comes in with the lower # tag takes the lowest # tag.

Use two pools of tags. One for the lower number of the pair (single "cali" players and players whose partner doesn't have a tag go in here too). The other for the higher numbers. Winning team gets the best tag out of each pool.

no, it would be too confusing for most of our league-goers.

We always throw in tags... but that's probably because it's a doubles league.:p

We play tags at every weekly flip out. Usually half the field doesn't have a tag. Or they use the "I left it at home" or in the car excuse. These folks are usually the ones that have a good number and don't want to lose it due to not getting a good partner. Sometimes you have to remind these folks that you can't play worse due to a partner. You can only play your game and if you are "good" enough to have the good tag, then you should be good enough to beat out the players you had to, to get the tag you have.

Only people scared of losing their tags are against tag swapping while playing doubles.

Tags are an individual challenge, not a team one IMO

Tags are whatever people want them to be.

Personally, I don't even like throwing them in for singles. Mano a mano, that's how they should be fought for.

But, heck, if people want to throw them in for singles, or doubles, or just hang them on the garage wall, it's their tag. Well, perhaps not the last part for a Top-10 tag.....or if the tag comes with organization rules.

Only people scared of losing their tags are against tag swapping while playing doubles.

playing in many different leagues the last few years, it seems like the tags have been very stagnant. it's fun when the tags move around - especially for the mid-level and lower-level tag holders (who you are ALWAYS encouraging to COME OUT AND JOIN/PLAY) if the tags never move, what fun is that?

if you're a top player, then you and your dubz partner-of-the-day should fight for your tags! if you lose your tag, get it back next week! if you're a not-top-level player, go out there and win a higher tag!

Team A has tag #1 & #5
Vs
Team B with tag #3 & #8

This is how we did it during last summer's league. Tags are in play every league night. Our goal was definitely to keep lots of movement among the tags, so you always had something to play for.

Latest posts