• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does anyone ever return discs?

I've moved around so much in the last 10 years, I despair of ever getting a disc returned to me - all the phone numbers on the back of my discs have been disconnected.

But maybe ... somebody'll find my disc, call the number on the back, and convert whoever answers into a new DGer! Now that would be a fate that I would wish on any of the discs I've lost!

I have now found 6. 2 had no contact info. One returned on 9th hole when the player asked if we had found it. Called the other three. Returned two. The other never returned call.

It is really a simple question of ethics. Do the right thing. Call.

I've moved around so much in the last 10 years, I despair of ever getting a disc returned to me - all the phone numbers on the back of my discs have been disconnected.

But maybe ... somebody'll find my disc, call the number on the back, and convert whoever answers into a new DGer! Now that would be a fate that I would wish on any of the discs I've lost!
You could also use email.

My wife left her Star XD in the basket at 9 yesterday (HOW!!??) and there was already a message about it when we got home and the guy called again and talked to her.

So either there are some good people at our park or people are right about chicks getting call backs.

Either way, I am glad he called, star xd aren't mega rare but they aren't mega common either.

I told her to bring a SS Wizard and Discraft Crush with her for the trade...if he wants one I would be glad to do so.

If there is a phone number on the back of the disc I will call and return it.
The other day I found a Champion Monarch and Champion Banshee with no names or initials or phone numbers.
I have lost about 5 discs and haven't recieved any of them back yet

You could also use email.

Having the email on the disc is an awesome idea. All of my discs have my name, number and email on them. I've had a decent success rate of getting them returned since I started doing this, I'd say about 40% of the discs I've lost in the last couple of years have been returned and I've mostly been contacted by email.

I made a lake rake and been raking the lake at my home course. I made a deal w/ myself that I would call those w/ info on them. But Im am very surprized at the amout that dont have any info. Of the 30 or so I have been able to get only three have had any info on them. And I have found them while playing and returned all that have info.

My disc decided today was a nice day to take a swim, hopefully the course rake their lake and contact me. If I find a disc with a number, I'll do the nice thing and call.

Got a message on the local board that my lost disc was found. I have not retreived it or my wife's but as for call-backs we are 2 for 2.

A few weeks ago I was playing at a park in town and lost one on a wild throw. I thought that I found it, but 3 holes later, I realized I was playing with someone else's disc! (It was about the same color; same model) It had no name or number on it, so I tossed it in my bag, feeling kind of bad about it.

It turns out that someone found mine in the brush and returned it to me the same day. But fate wasn't done with me yet: just last week I lost the no-named disc at the same park -- ok, we'll call it the "park loaner!" :)

---------------------------
Lost: 2
Returned to me: 1
Found (with no number): 2
Found/Returned: 0 so far (I never find any with phone numbers!)
---------------------------

Last edited:
Well today i can finally say i returned a disc! I found it in the woods with a name + phone # and everything. I called the guy and told him i'd leave it at the township recreational office. He said he'd come pick it up next time he's in the area.

I'm still waiting for someone to call back about the disc i lost now.....

I have a success story from yesterday.

I was playing a round and found a Star TeeBird laying in the fairway as I walked to retrieve my drive. I picked it up and it had a name/number on it, so I decided to give the guy a call right away in case he was still at the course. Sure enough, he was just finishing up, and came to get it from me. He was so appreciative he gave me a couple discs he didn't want anymore! I'd normally feel bad for accepting discs for simply returning someone else's disc, but he had a whole trunk full of them.

Anyway, maybe that's a little more motivation to call the person. He didn't lose his disc, I got a few free ones, and we both walked away happy.

finding and returning

I have found many discs and have returned nearly everyone that had a name and number. I can only think of 2 that I never returned.
one I did not see the name until I became attached to the disc and the other I just wanted to try it once before returning and I lost it.

I know several people will return discs if you lose the disc in your own area code, but will not try to contact out of area players.

Once I found a disc that said "Free Beer if returned!" There is an idea for added motivation.

Last edited: