• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Does anyone throw a Cro?

JamesXC

Eagle Member
I have just recently rediscovered the Cro. I had a 175 First-Run Star Cro sitting in my pile 'o discs that I pulled out again to see how I felt about it. I threw it a bunch of times in the field and on the course, and I really liked what it was doing. For me, it fits right into the gap between my new Roc and my Gator. I have been loving it for pinpoint hyzer upshots that need a little bit more glide than the Roc.

I looked at the stability rating according to Marshall Street and they seem to have it very wrong. I have found it more overstable compared to the Buzzz or Roc, but they have it listed as more understable than both of those. Is it because it's First Run? Or am I just crazy?

Does anyone else even throw a Cro? Why or why not?

I've thrown my buddies Cro a bit.. flies understable for me... His is DX and slightly worn so that might have a lot to do with it. I know there are some Cro fans on here that will chime in soon.

I have a buddy who throws one, and it is the most unpredictable disc in his bag. It can do a lot of different stuff, but really suffers if you throw it even just slightly wrong

I've never liked small diameter midrange discs. Innova seems to be the only mfgr that puts them out. What are they, modified old style driver molds that they trot out and call midrange?

Does anyone else even throw a Cro? Why or why not?

I do not throw a Cro. AirMcNair throws one, but he is the only person I know that does. I've recently found the Gateway Scout and it is working out quite nicely for me. It fills the gap between my Buzzz and Drone... similar to the slot you mentioned. You might want to give one of them a try if you can get your hands on one.

I love my Cros. I have two CFR Champs and they are money. They are very neutral and can do just about anything, hyzer, anhyzer, straight. I had a first run star and didn't like as much as the Champs, I do think they are a bit more stable than the current runs and champs, but they are still a decent mid.

any interest ;)

IMAG0160.jpg

I do not throw a Cro. AirMcNair throws one, but he is the only person I know that does. I've recently found the Gateway Scout and it is working out quite nicely for me. It fills the gap between my Buzzz and Drone... similar to the slot you mentioned. You might want to give one of them a try if you can get your hands on one.

He is right. I LOVE my Cro. It fits my hand better then a roc and I have them in my bag just like people have beatness of rocs. It does everything that I need a disc to do. It stays on what ever line you put it on. I also throw a gator and classic roc. The Cro is still my baby tho.

You welcome for the Scout Slowroll I am glad you are liking it.

I have been loving it for pinpoint hyzer upshots that need a little bit more glide than the Roc.

^this

When I was in my discing-down effort, I was using Rocs as my driver. Took a random purchase of the Cro (R-Pro) to change my Roc addiction. Now the Cro is my main driver with any woods or tight lines...and a slight hyzer shot it just makes those lines perfectly. When in doubt, I'll throw the Cro.

I know there is not alot of R-Pro love either, but I also love the plastic - now throwing a Leopard in this plastic, due to the Cro-love.

you're not crazy. i disagree with quite a few of marshallstreet's chart placements. they need to throw 10/10 high grade plastic discs along with some 8/10. there are a few cases where it seems like they must have compared a beat up low grade plastic disc against other molds in brand new premium plastic. not exactly uniform.

i like the cro, just not enough for it to kick my star roc out of the bag.

I have a Star Cro that comes out from time to time.
I could be way off, but I kinda like small diameter mids when it's windy.

I used to throw the CRO quite a bit. I don't have any more of them. I really liked them in the beginning but I ended up going with the Buzzz. the CRO and Buzzz are fairly similar in flight lines. the CRO can take a lot of power without flipping (at least the ones I had). they always flew laser straight with a tiny fade. they were also constantly dropping like a brick in flight. sometimes it felt like I had to put 90% into them to get the same distance from a 70% throw with a Roc or a Buzzz. I still have a soft spot in my heart for them.

I love my cro....most dependable disc in my bag
you just have to understand when to use it and what it does....I think the hate is from people who simply dont understand the disc
unpredictable and glidey WHAT ARE YOU GUYS SMOKING! the cro is a small diameter disc that is the most predictable mid Ive ever thrown.
The cro is ideal for the following situations
high head or crosswinds where you need less glide
downhills where you need less glide
high power shots under low ceilings where you need less glide
tight lines where you dont want your disc to glide and turn

I'd guess those who hate the cro are throwing it uphill with a tailwind in an open field

It also makes a dandy putter in high winds

I like mine in Star plastic

I am surprised with the responses insofar as people seem to be throwing it for straight shots. Mine is actually fairly overstable, so getting it to "hold any line I put it on" is somewhat absurd to me. Is it just because of the First-Run?

i friggin love the cro, one of the best molded pieces of plastic there is. i putt with an rpro cro and approach with a dx cro. theyre also badass for drives. i struggled with every other putter ive ever held, but since my cro's found their way in my bag my putting has become my strong suit.

i threw a star cro for a short pd but didnt like it tho. its all about the rpro and dx.:thmbup:

I am surprised with the responses insofar as people seem to be throwing it for straight shots. Mine is actually fairly overstable, so getting it to "hold any line I put it on" is somewhat absurd to me. Is it just because of the First-Run?

It does fly slightly overstable. I guess it depends on the line and power you are throwing it. For shots straight on, I will resort to a Buzz or Roc, but if there is a fairway slight dogleg left (i'm RHBH), out comes the Cro.

I just got an R-Pro Cro and I've been really happy with it so far. It flies a bit more overstable compared to my Z Buzzz, and it's got less glide than my DX Shark. I've been using it mainly for approach shots where I want the disc to just drop -- too many rollaways from my other discs :(

Latest posts