• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Does anyone throw a Cro?

Cro experts, how did I do on this one? I have 3 regular stock star PFNs and 2 DX stamped translucent champs but I don't have this baby, whatever it is. $18 offer and the seller accepted! $24 after shipping and taxes but still. It's not often I spend more than $20 on a disc but I felt I had to here. Did I win? What's the story behind this run? NEED CRO INFO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230215_110603_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20230215_110603_Kiwi Browser.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 22
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 24
  • s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 18
With the arrival of cold season (again) In goes the g-star first run edition. It's obnoxiously florescent. Grippier and flat compared to its warm season Star sibling, and it loves flying through the woods with a slight finish.
Could someone at the Innova Proshop zero in on this level of cold season awesome and make a run of them?

With the arrival of cold season (again) In goes the g-star first run edition. It's obnoxiously florescent. Grippier and flat compared to its warm season Star sibling, and it loves flying through the woods with a slight finish.
Could someone at the Innova Proshop zero in on this level of cold season awesome and make a run of them?
Obnoxiously fluorescent...can you share a pic?

They made G-Star Cros?

Those pre-date G-star by quite a lot.
It's just penned as C. I consider it a gstar because I'm going on the overall feel, and flexibility of it, and when I compare it to all of my other Innova related discs. It doesn't really feel like any of the pro plastic discs I have from either factory or retail, and it also has not shown wear like pro plastic either. The r-pro cro I had was way more beat up looking, and thrown a whole lot less. It feels, and has the same matte sort of finish as the g-star manta and wedges I have. Pro-plastic off gases and gets waxy looking when its ignored for a couple months. This never has.

I used a Cro for about a year and it's almost a disc I wish I had found later. I think once I had some backhand power I could have thrown it pretty well. Nice feeling disc too.

I used a Cro for about a year and it's almost a disc I wish I had found later. I think once I had some backhand power I could have thrown it pretty well. Nice feeling disc too.
In the lengthy journey of my trying to find the go-to midrange. I did the hog wild approach, and had the r-pro, and the PIAS I have access got the I don't disc golf anymore dumps with loads of old cool stuff for a song. Cro's included. I dabbled, and then came back a year or so ago, and it's lived there ever since.
It feels about the best, and seems to like what I give it. Not too straight. Just enough distance. Woods friendly. Isn't terribly bothered by wind. Putts nicely too.

It's just penned as C. I consider it a gstar because I'm going on the overall feel, and flexibility of it, and when I compare it to all of my other Innova related discs. It doesn't really feel like any of the pro plastic discs I have from either factory or retail, and it also has not shown wear like pro plastic either. The r-pro cro I had was way more beat up looking, and thrown a whole lot less. It feels, and has the same matte sort of finish as the g-star manta and wedges I have. Pro-plastic off gases and gets waxy looking when its ignored for a couple months. This never has.
It's not pro either, it's just early Star plastic. Definitely some of the best feeling and most durable plastic.

Trying to get my hands on one; no local store carries it and I bought one from a guy I know locally almost 2 months ago but every time we meet up he forgets to bring it along.

The Cro led me to the Spider, and now both are OOP but you can IMO find more Spiders. The factory store still has some from the Artist's series if you are looking to fill in an order for the Friday freebie.