• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does plastic affect types of throws you can do with a certain disc?

ILUVSMGS18

Just Another Disc Hoarder
I find it easier to flick champion plastic but I find it easier to backhand blizzard champ plastic compared to dx plastic.

No.

Well, except that I have a beat-to-death DX Stingray that will do things no premium plastic disc ever dreamed of.

In your case, it may just be that it is easier to get a disc up to speed with a flick. While the blizzard discs are lighter and allow you to get them up to speed backhand.

I prefer the release one a champ disc forehand and backhand prefer star. I like champ has less grip which is nice for a forehand. but now its getting cold so it doesn't really matter they will both be slick soon

I'm opposite, in which I prefer Star/esp for my Forehand drives. I have a z buzzz and a star mako, which I can throw backhand or forehand, but plastic doesn't matter as much for midranges.

plastic type dont matter at all. with good form you should be able to fh and bh any disc in your bag

Latest posts