• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dollar & Locastro Ace

I actually cringed when the one announcer said "Oh no, not again"

It makes these moments a lot less special with BS commentary like that.

What sucks even harder is that they ( Nikko & Matt ) SHARED the #5 spot!

That definitely DE-VALUES the shots we got to see on SC. Even though Nikko's straighter run is so much sweeter than the old boring RHBH hyzer.

So my next question is who aced it first?

Last edited:

That definitely DE-VALUES the shots we got to see on SC.

I'm pretty sure that every person with a financial interest in the growth of disc golf is unreservedly ecstatic that any disc golf made it on to Sportscenter last night.

That definitely DE-VALUES the shots we got to see on SC. Even though Nikko's straighter run is so much sweeter than the old boring RHBH hyzer.

So my next question is who aced it first?

Chronologically? Dollar's was first...Nikko was on the next to last card of the day.

As for the "de-valuing" stuff, I don't understand that. Because they didn't get their own individual spots on the list, that's a bad thing? I think that's asking a lot for a sport that never got on ESPN/Sportscenter a year ago to command multiple spots on a top 10 highlight reel. I think the story that got ESPN's attention on this one was the fact that it was multiple aces on the same hole in the same round (and on video to boot), so of course they get lumped together.

Frankly, I think it's a better means of further educating the masses on our sport to see the different ways the disc can get to the basket viewed back to back. I like the contrast between Matt's hyzer and Nikko's S-turn.

Nikko's "celebration" is captured well on the McFly video of the Champions Card while the guys are #7 teepad. Ricky handled it like a boss.

Dollar didn't throw a OH on that hole? Bummer. Now that would have been super cool.

Still pretty awesome to see them both get some notoriety though. Matt is a really good player that I feel could go win a big tournament if the breaks go his way.

Dollar didn't throw a OH on that hole? Bummer. Now that would have been super cool.

Still pretty awesome to see them both get some notoriety though. Matt is a really good player that I feel could go win a big tournament if the breaks go his way.

Depends on how many thumbers the course lets him throw. His backhand driving game can be sketchy, by top pro standards I mean of course.

They need to make the baskets smaller. #growthesport :rolleyes:

Can we get one thread with an editable post #1 that links all the SCTop10 and ESPN videos, in chronological order? Or a shared google doc of links with a thread pointing to it? Or a youtube playlist of them? Or something? I have a feeling I'm going to have to make this happen.

Can we get one thread with an editable post #1 that links all the SCTop10 and ESPN videos, in chronological order? Or a shared google doc of links with a thread pointing to it? Or a youtube playlist of them? Or something? I have a feeling I'm going to have to make this happen.

Go for it!!!

They need to make the baskets smaller. #growthesport :rolleyes:

I believe having larger tee pads with everyone teeing at the same time would be more interesting than smaller targets. There could be lines on the pad for pole position with the preferred spots selected by the order of the thrower. That and tube tops for the girls and Avery.

That and tube tops for the girls and Avery.

coffeespew.gif~c200

4334302090_1b9dbf52ef_o.jpg

#alreadybigtime

We are on SBNation.com front page:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/6/24/12023774/disc-golf-sportscenter-top-ten-savior

Sub-headline is "Disc golf is saving the Sports Highlight this summer"

The post-NBA and NHL summer is a scary place where sports highlights are dominated by people hitting baseballs pretty far or jumping to catch them. The only people that can save us are hurling flying discs through the air at chains surrounding a basket. I'm here for it.

#alreadybigtime

We are on SBNation.com front page:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/6/24/12023774/disc-golf-sportscenter-top-ten-savior

Sub-headline is "Disc golf is saving the Sports Highlight this summer"

The post-NBA and NHL summer is a scary place where sports highlights are dominated by people hitting baseballs pretty far or jumping to catch them. The only people that can save us are hurling flying discs through the air at chains surrounding a basket. I'm here for it.

Wow. Nice piece.

That's actually an interesting point. Pro disc golf is too small now to worry about competing during the NFL or NBA season, like, say, MLS does. But I wonder if it makes a difference that big pro disc golf tournaments are held mostly during NFL/NBA offseason. I know that disc golf has made SportsCenter during NFL/NBA season too, so who knows...

Piss & moan....piss & moan.

Yeah, sorry I dont get super pumped about hashtag GROWTHESPORT when the announcer audibly sighs and says "oh no, not again" at the mere mention of disc golf.

Ive been on the opposite side any other time disc golf has shown up on Sportscenter, but to take his statement as anything other than ridiculous isn't hashtag GROWINGTHESPORT anyway. I get that disc golf will never be respected as a legitimate sport, and I'm fine with that. Im not fine with one of my favorite hobbies being straight insulted by some ESPN never-was behind a desk.

Sorry not sorry.

Yeah, that stood out to me immediately. Definitely a mocking attitude. But really, what does SportsCenter have to work with right now? MLB highlights? I mean it's a stretch for them with everything during the summer until football starts up. They will take disc golf and like it!

Latest posts