• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Don't leave prodigy discs in the heat to long.

I played a round with mine today and did some fields throwing. Maybe 3 hours or so, I started to notice it maybe by the ninth hole or so. Its basically kind of a milky pinkish now maybe, at least I got it to fade evenly so its all one color. Id take a pic but I cant seem to get a good one and we all know what it looks like by now. I honestly don't mind it, I think it looks fine and the disc throws nice. However the fade is unavoidable, its going to happen. Its a thrower and all I really care about is does it fly right and if I shank it into the woods will I be able to find it without having to spend 20 minutes looking for it.

Still love the disc and the feel though. Right now I think I'm still throwing my Roc a bit better, but that's probably just my inconsistency and I think the Roc is a bit more forgiving.

I see it hasn't occurred to anyone that if the color is fading from the disc, the plastic is DETERIORATING. Someone with fat pockets who has a Prodigy should set it out in the sun till June and see how the plastic holds up. Prodigy should have done this themselves, but they obviously keep taking shortcuts on their journey to their self-described takeover of the market.

Makes that little pep rally at the 18th basket seem kind of silly now, doesn't it?

The Answer from Prodigy

The color issue with the pink is common knowledge. It was a test colorant that didn't respond the way it was supposed to. The disc will fly the way it is supposed to and has become highly sought after.
If you are not happy please return it to Wendy and have her return it to us for a full refund.

Thanks,

Wow, this is really manipulative language. First tell the customer they should have known there was a problem, then belittle the customer by telling them they're in the minority in not wanting a junk disc.

I see it hasn't occurred to anyone that if the color is fading from the disc, the plastic is DETERIORATING. Someone with fat pockets who has a Prodigy should set it out in the sun till June and see how the plastic holds up. Prodigy should have done this themselves, but they obviously keep taking shortcuts on their journey to their self-described takeover of the market.

Makes that little pep rally at the 18th basket seem kind of silly now, doesn't it?

Good lord, the plastic is fine, learn something before flying off at the keyboard.

25? these are all over for 19 or less shipped.

I can't wait for a company to release actual premium discs instead of this Ti doodoo. I would pay 25 a pop if a disc had excellent grip, consistency, and durability and not just ohh looks like metal but has no other redeeming qualities.

Have you ever heard of Latitude, Westside, or Dynamic Discs?

After my round and field throwing yesterday:

picture.php

after my round and field throwing today:

picture.php

It looks darker then it really was and is in both of those pics too.....Its nearly white now.

Like I said it still doesn't bother me but just to put it out there for others to make a decision.

Wait? did you say Latitude is Consistent?? Their plastic is nice but is FAR from consistent.

:thmbup:

They have consistently good plastic, but their molds are not (and never have been) very consistent. I walked away from them for years because I couldn't find a decent replacement for my first run Strikers. They do make some great discs though.

agreed, if the company does small runs over big runs,they can have better QC to catch the duds. though, ALL companies are inconsistent to some degree,just some a little more than others.

The Answer from Prodigy

The color issue with the pink is common knowledge. It was a test colorant that didn't respond the way it was supposed to. The disc will fly the way it is supposed to and has become highly sought after.
If you are not happy please return it to Wendy and have her return it to us for a full refund.

Thanks,

This is exactly why I have little, strike that, no desire to try Prodigy. I'm perfectly happy with my Lat 64/Westside/DD lin-up.