• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Don't Nice Me Bro, My first disc golf webcomic

Latest comic!
Disc-Golf-Mulligan_ea9b819d-87a7-4c5c-ab5e-bae7a01c32db.jpg

One can "block" punches with the forehead, whilst a strike to the occipital can be fatal. A broken nose is about as bad an injury one is going to get to the front of the skull whilst a disc striking the back of the head can cause greater internal injury.

You're assuming someone is fast enough to block a disc coming at them. A broken nose is all someone is going to get from being hit with a disc? I'd hate to see someone get hit below the eyebrow. Especially a younger player or spectator. Eyes, face, etc.. could be devastating.

Out of respect for the op. I will not reply again. Would be a good topic for a new thread.

You're assuming someone is fast enough to block a disc coming at them. A broken nose is all someone is going to get from being hit with a disc? I'd hate to see someone get hit below the eyebrow. Especially a younger player or spectator. Eyes, face, etc.. could be devastating.

Out of respect for the op. I will not reply again. Would be a good topic for a new thread.

Sometimes I really believe you misunderstand comments on purpose. The meaning is this, in very explicit terms:

The skull is designed (elvoved, whatever, don't care) to take impacts from the front. The forehead section is the strongest and will transfer the least amount of energy to the brain. Even the facial structure does not transfer that much energy into the brain cavity.
The sides, and top, of the skull are weaker, but still provide good protection.
The back of the skull is weak, especially the occipital bone. Here the energy is dumped very easily into the brain pan. The spine is also much easier to damage from the rear.

This is why in combat systems( not sport systems), one never gives their enemy their back. A hard strike is potentially fatal to the rear of the skull or neck.

Sometimes I really believe you misunderstand comments on purpose.

:rolleyes:

@#$%^ We've really derailed this thread... but this is my last response and I think there is reason for concern to be hit anywhere on the head with a disc.

I've been hit the temple and pretty much knocked out, had blurry vision for a week. Witnessed another person get hit in the mouth and it was a bloody fleshy mess, needed stitches, etc, etc. Technically ofcourse you are correct, especially for something much larger, heaver, etc, but the "slicing" effect of a disc coming across the face could lead to devastating life long scaring, plastic surgery, etc, etc. This scenario seems much more likely then someone getting hit in the back of the head....especially for spectators.

If you want to continue this, please start another thread. Thx.

Being afraid of something can sometimes ironically cause that thing to happen, just by being afraid of it, very much a mental game. So go all in or prepare to go swim...that or maybe just use one of those floating discs.

Disc-Golf-Mental-Game.jpg

There are many throws in Disc Golf. The Bag Throw is unique as it includes many variations like underhand or overhand. While not recognized as an "Official Throw" by the PDGA, it can be used to reduce frustration, it is seen as unsportsmanlike and can increase frustration when picking up all the discs that flew out.

https://discperfect.com/blogs/comics/types-of-disc-golf-throws

Disc-Golf-Web-Comic-Types-of-Disc-Golf-Throws-without-Caption.jpg

One thing most disc golfers have in common is that over time we build a miniature, used sports goods store in our car trunks. I have a small mountain of unused disc golf discs that I tell myself I will need at some point, or at the very least I can loan or hand them out to friends that need a disc. Until then they will continue to multiple like unsupervised bunnies in a cage.

Disc-Golf-Web-Comic-Disc-Overflow.jpg

https://discperfect.com/blogs/comics/disc-organized

Who hasn't accidentally misheard someone inviting you to play "Disc" golf and shown up without pants? Anyone? Okay maybe it's not that common...

https://discperfect.com/blogs/comics/common-mistake

According to the competition manual, not only are pants not required, the dress code could be interpreted as not allowing pants. Or shorts. Or ripped shirts.

Code:
3.04 Dress Code
…
5.	No ripped shirts, shorts, or pants will be allowed on the course.

According to the competition manual, not only are pants not required, the dress code could be interpreted as not allowing pants. Or shorts. Or ripped shirts.

Code:
3.04 Dress Code
…
5.	No ripped shirts, shorts, or pants will be allowed on the course.

Wordsmithing...not as easy as it seems.

Don't say something so it can be understood.
Say it so it can't be misunderstood.

Latest posts