• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Down with the flight numbers!!!!!

Saying Innova's made up 4 number system is superior to Discraft's made up 1 number system is like saying it goes to 11.

This guy throws nothing but Wraiths...

nigel-tufnel-spinal-tap.jpg

I like the numbers on there so you don't have to look them up. Imagine it is a bit more beginner minded but it helps with discing down/comparisions and when selling used stuff as well.

Having it stamped on the back would be the preferred location though.

Almost all online shops have the numbers on the page and Hazy Shade even prints out the numbers and has them on the rack right under the disc displayed. No real need to look them up. Also, different armspeeds, grips and throwing styles produce different flight numbers than the disc is issued.

I actually like having the flight numbers on the disc, although if it could be done on the back side of the disc, that would be even better.

Skip the flight numbers and just give me DX stamps on all the plastics--at least Champ. I really dig some of the designs, and would love to throw a Star Destroyer with the DX Stamp. I just bought Champ Eagles with and with out the numbers on them and--get this--they aren't different. The one with the numbers just looks cooler. :p

Then again, I'm a numbers geek...

Oh, I know that it's completely implausible to stamp PLH numbers. I was just doing a one-two joke on the current fad of checking PLH, and Innova's killer inconsistency.

As for the "going up to 11" joke, I was floored. And now I want that a disc dyed with Intravenus de Milo on my Archon or Wraiths...

another :thmbdown: for the stupid flight numbers

I see a lot of n00bs writing them on the discs. I don't know why Innova felt compelled to put it on the disc. The people that want them will write them on.

I found a Pro Firebird Candy/CE/Champ plastic that was in 9/10 condition inked to HELL and back, one ink marking was the flight numbers :mad:

Just sold for 21.50 on eEbay.

By the way, What do you call a Pro Champion Firebird ? Just curious. I've had two of them.

Also, different armspeeds, grips and throwing styles produce different flight numbers than the disc is issued.

While context is key, this sounds like you're saying stats are irrelevant irregardless. The flight characteristic is most certainly affected by any number of variables, but to say that "different flight numbers" are "produced" is pure heresy. In that light, we forget that outside influences aside, that the disc in it's pure form and flight will achieve exactly what it is saying; thus giving us a basis to manage said variables.

Put a sticker on the disc at the store that shows the numbers, then it is just easily removed when you buy it. I really don't care what the numbers are after that point, rather just how it flies.

i wouldn't mind seeing em on the back of the disc somewhere. i like that they're on there, but they definitely don't do anything for the looks of the disc

Yes, if they're absolutely nessecary then either stamped on the back in the old square format or hidden in the Innova stamp somewhere. The sticker idea is good too.

I won't buy a disc if it has the flight ratings on it. Some people say I have OCD.

when i started playing they had a little 2inch by like 12inch folded paper that said the numbers and flight characteristics on all the current discs....im not sure when they quit doing it...i think i still have a few of them...

I found a Pro Firebird Candy/CE/Champ plastic that was in 9/10 condition inked to HELL and back, one ink marking was the flight numbers :mad:

Just sold for 21.50 on eEbay.

By the way, What do you call a Pro Champion Firebird ? Just curious. I've had two of them.
Candy Pro Firebird.

when i started playing they had a little 2inch by like 12inch folded paper that said the numbers and flight characteristics on all the current discs....im not sure when they quit doing it...i think i still have a few of them...

They still have those. I just always loose them.

BTW
Once you've done the research and bought the disc...furthermore, thrown it a bunch:

There's no need to be reminded of the factory flight #s...so I gotta agree, it is kinda fartless to include them on the hotstamp.

Maybe it's for the old folks

Yes but this will be a boon to disc collectors. When innova changes a discs flight ratings to correspond to the undated ratings the old flight numbered discs will be valuable..

Can anyone tell me when Innova started putting flight numbers on the discs? I noticed that every pre-numbers champ disc I have has better plastic, and is molded more consistently. For example: I have a pre-# 161g Starfire that is super overstable, like a Starfire should be. I got a newer 175g one that was a domey, unpredictable p.o.s. My pre-# champ Sidewinder hyzered into concrete pretty hard the other day, barely left a mark. Newer champ Eagle and Firebird have not held up as well. I have been wanting to check out a champ Desroyer, were they made pre-flight #s?

Well, since everyone was up in arms in May, 2011, I'd say it was in May, 2011.

:p

Latest posts