• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Down with the flight numbers!!!!!

I think the flight numbers were first used on stamps when the groove came out. A few discs with the older swoosh logo had the flight numbers on them, such as Champ Wraiths, Destroyers and a couple others.
The chubby swoosh logo came out in April or May 2010, and all of the discs that are stamped with that have flight numbers on them.

Re: lame stamps. I remember setting up a display in the mid-90's once and commenting that the XD had the lamest stamp in production. No one argued with me. In retrospect the lamest stamp was probably the Tracer, but the XD was up there.

Fast forward five or six years and suddenly the XD, Aviar, Aero and Ace all had the same stupid stamp with the dumb Innova basket, which was even lamer than the old stamp. Now I have people rummage through my bag, pull out my old XD and say, "I wish they still put cool stamps on discs."

Unscientific conclusion? Even the lamest old stamps are cooler than the new stamps.

Re: lame stamps. I remember setting up a display in the mid-90's once and commenting that the XD had the lamest stamp in production. No one argued with me. In retrospect the lamest stamp was probably the Tracer, but the XD was up there.

Fast forward five or six years and suddenly the XD, Aviar, Aero and Ace all had the same stupid stamp with the dumb Innova basket, which was even lamer than the old stamp. Now I have people rummage through my bag, pull out my old XD and say, "I wish they still put cool stamps on discs."

Unscientific conclusion? Even the lamest old stamps are cooler than the new stamps.

Agreed. There, now we're a little more scientific with a sample size of two!

Nostalgia makes old things seem cooler, but they're really not. Well, some are...

Saying Innova's made up 4 number system is superior to Discraft's made up 1 number system is like saying it goes to 11.

It goes to 14---so far. :D

The only things that matter in the purchase of my discs are flight characteristics, type of plastic and color. However, I don't NEED the flight #s on the disc, as the store usually has a flight chart or I've already researched the disc. And once I've thrown it a bit, I know how it flies and don't need to refer to the #s.
On the other hand, I don't have a neurosis about the #s being on the disc. "Eeewww, that's ugly!"
Ridiculous.

Ridiculous?

Not for the suffers of Tetraphobia or Triskaidekaphobia or Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia or other Arithmophobia's.

Stop the hating of folks that hate numbers.

When I first started playing the flight numbers really helped me. Now that I've been playing for a while I could care less about wether or not the numbers are printed on there. I do like how lat64 does it by putting "stable controllable midrange" printed on their discs.

Really a none issue for me. I prefer some discs without them because I got used to throwing my go to drivers without them on there. As a new player, I always referred to the Innova booklet of "all" their discs.

I don't mind the flight numbers too much. What I don't like is that they changed some of the molds when the flight numbers appeared.

I hate that the flight # discs tend to suck more, especially the #'s rocs. They all have that stupid semi plus mold and feel like poop in the hand. Nobody ever wants to get rid of their pre #'s 12X KC's either...