• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dretzka Howler(AM) Oct 24th - Milwaukee, WI

went to dretzka first time this weekend. nice course minus the kids running all over the holes by the football field.

Pretty much the AM/Pro Howler is a first comel, first served basis. Get there early to get a spot. I played in it last year and cashed, its was really fun.

Nice, I look forward to playing it this year. Hope to at least get a bit more info. A PDF or site to check out for times and what not.

Is it a PDGA event? Any interesting twists that makes it unique or extra fun?

No, it's not a PDGA event. It's a bring your own partner doubles, 2 rounds of 18. First round is during the day, best shot. Second round is a glo-round, alt. shot. The second round we put jack-o-laterns on all the baskets and all the usual glo-round stuff (glo-sticks, etc.). It's really a fun time!

Here is last year's website:

http://www.gldgc.com/howler.htm

No, it's not a PDGA event. It's a bring your own partner doubles, 2 rounds of 18. First round is during the day, best shot. Second round is a glo-round, alt. shot. The second round we put jack-o-laterns on all the baskets and all the usual glo-round stuff (glo-sticks, etc.). It's really a fun time!

Here is last year's website:

http://www.gldgc.com/howler.htm

Hey Ben do you have a partner for this already? Could we contend or do we need better disc golfers than ourselves to do well in the amatuer?

Sorry Mike, already paired up! As for contending, I played last year with my buddy and we cashed (albeit at the bottom of the list). The two rounds can really make a difference. Last year we did so-so the first round (best shot) but we completely dominated the second (alt). I couldn't believe we did so well in the dark... plus is was so cold that night... DAMN THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!! WOOO!

Ah.....bring a partner. I might have to skip this one....

If it was solo I would play it but I am pretty much a noob so I would not want to screw it up for someone else...

bring another beginner!

Sounds very cool and like a total blast!. Thanks for filling us in, Ben. I might need to find a way to to make it.

anyone looking for a partner I shot my best round ever today even on all 27! and I tanked some putts. Granted almost all of the pins were in short position and I played short tees. But they were wet!

i'm still drawn between shooting deer or playing the howler. my best at dretzka i beleive was +1, havent played there in a few months, that was before i started making putts.