• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dri-Fit Polo?

I usually wear a tshirt and since it's so freaking hot and humid in Memphis, TN and sometimes I get heat rash. I recently wore a Nike dri-fit polo my last round and I was amazed at how much it actually helped. No heat rash and when the wind kicked in and I felt cooler. A buddy of mine was wearing a tshirt of the same material. Same thing but collarless.

Does anyone have a dri-fit polo they use in the course that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Almost every name-brand athletic apparel company has some sort of dri-fit material. Head to the golf section at a sporting goods store and you'll find plenty of polo options.

If you don't want to pay for the name brands, head to Target, they have pretty decent off-brand dri-fit-esque stuff.

I always play in dri fit polo or tee it's just much more comfortable and cooler. Also if it rains it dries very fast. If your looking for cheap good drifit non disc golf branded Kohl's has them on clearance all the time.

There was a cool conversation with a couple pros at a recent tournament talking about DG Culture. I believe it was Jerm who was saying that, yes, PDGA Sanctioned events have a dress code, but why limit that? Why not show up to league in a collared polo? Non-Sanctioned events? Trilogy Challenges? Even casual rounds? Growing a positive culture and identity of disc golfers as apposed to the negative assumptions that so many have about us.

I really liked that idea. When it was cooler, I would always wear a dri-fit polo just because that's 75% of my wardrobe because of work. However, in the summer heat, I'd switch to sleeveless Ts and band shirts.

Since keeping an extra undershirt and dri-fit polo in my car for DG rounds, I can tell you - even in the hot summer months, a dri-fit keeps you cooler than anything. I love the feeling and enjoy the mindset of building DG community.

Personally, I get most of my dri-fit polos from Target, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory... Pretty much any place with a clearance rack. I have a few ball-golf branded polos that are nice and some Nikes, but, I really don't see enough difference to justify spending $60 of $15...

I wear pretty much exclusively Dri-fit polos when I play, and I play 5-6 days a week. Have a couple DD ones I got for payout in tournaments, couple of UA ones I bought for work and now use for DG also, and a couple of off-brand ones I found cheap at Academy. The primary reason I wear only Dri-fits is because I also use earbuds when I play, and I pass the chord through where the buttons are and clip them there, but also because they're so F'ing comfortable...

It looks so much more professional to be wearing a polo while you play, and IMO if you play in raggedy jeans and a dirty t-shirt you're not representing the sport as well as you could be. If I see someone I know from real life out on the course, I still want to look as nice as I can.

Oh, and for all the people with dri-fits that aren't polos.. I still use all my dri-fit t-shirts. Great for getting out of the shower after a long day and putting on, feels good, and helps dry ya off at the same time.

When I started it was cold so I picked up a nike golf dri fit long sleeve. It's awesome but I don't think it's worth the price I paid. Thanks to everyone who responded!

I got a great deal on under Armour golf polos a few months back and stocked up. I try and look decent for all events but I don't play casual rounds in polos.

I avoid actually wearing any of the cheap players pack dri fits I get for play. They are actually hotter then anything else you can wear usually. The cheap ones just stay dry but let the sweat sit on your body, it's awful

You can find Dri-Fit t-shirts and polos at most retailer - very easy to find. I usually get mine from Academcy, Kohls, Target, etc.

I just picked up two Oakley dri-fit polos from Dicks (Elemental 2.0 Golf Polo I believe). They were on sale plus BOGO. Haven't had an opportunity to test them, but they are thin, lightweight, and advertise an spf rating 50+, similar to UA's Coldblack tech on their golf shirts. Should be comfortable for the tournament I've got this weekend in New Orleans. Gonna be nearly 100 degrees out there.

There are some dri fit style polos at Walmart. Some of them are there own brand, they also have a Ben Hogan label that are very nice. About $15ish, so not bad at all. They also had some MLB dri fit polos, in this case a gray shirt with a Texas Rangers logo, they were $19. They're all pretty comfy and quite reasonably priced.

After a couple weeks with the Oakley polos, I can highly recommend them. Even in the humidity down here, the shirts dry well and remain comfortable thought the day. I would recommend trying on maybe one size larger than you think you wear. They are pretty narrow/straight cut and mine are a little snug in the shoulder. I have to push the sleeve up when I put. But that is my only complaint.