• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drink holders for Teepad Poles

jjpilot

What, if any have any of you used for a drink holder that can be mounted on the teebox sign pole???

So far the cheapest thing that I've seen is bicycle water bottle cages. Unfortunately most are aluminum tubing, and the cheapest that I've seen is about 2 bucks apiece. And I'm afraid they will be a little to easy to destroy, and I'm lookiing at needing 54 of them(2 for each pole, I think).

Was thinking about making some out of 1x aluminum sheet, kinda end up looking like those cheapo plastic ones that they have to hang inside your car window. Think they would likely survive better than the bike cages.

What you guys think. I'm going to try some of the bench ideas too!!!

Jeff

P.S. You have to check out our new Concrete teepads here at Foundation Park!!!!!!!!!!!

I work on my home course. I just replaced bag hooks, painted numbers. finding a "heavy duty" bag hooks kinda helps I've never seen drink holders on posts before, and really I don't see the need. If a players doesn't have a bag they would just put it on the ground. Maybe try a few and see how long the last. It only takes one jack ass to rip it down.

I work on my home course. I just replaced bag hooks, painted numbers. finding a "heavy duty" bag hooks kinda helps I've never seen drink holders on posts before, and really I don't see the need. If a players doesn't have a bag they would just put it on the ground. Maybe try a few and see how long the last. It only takes one jack ass to rip it down.

this in bold

Creative addition to a course for sure.

If the posts are wood, how hard would it be to build you own out of a piece of wood? That is, use what they use to drill out door knob holes. You could build an infinite amount for a very low cost.

so you are thinking like a 3 inch hole saw, because a 3" Forsner bit would set you back a nice chunk of change. And a good hole saw will set you back a bit.. but if you only drilled thew a 3/4" board and then glued a piece under it.. you know... on second thought if you are too goddamn lazy to lean over and pick up your PBR from the ground you shouldn't be out playing a game where you have to pick your discs up off the ground.

You would probably find that 80%(or more) of the drink holders(that aren't vandalized) would be storing an empty can from the chuckers that are 3 holes ahead of you that are too lazy to pack it out.

But it would be a nice idea in a perfect world.

You would probably find that 80%(or more) of the drink holders(that aren't vandalized) would be storing an empty can from the chuckers that are 3 holes ahead of you that are too lazy to pack it out.

But it would be a nice idea in a perfect world.

this is exactly what will happen

in a world where vandals didn't hurt there free course ( not sure why they even do this its pissing in your bed) this would be great for the people with out drink holders. But i say let the animals place there drinks on the ground . i understand i am being a little mean but its like the system we live in today where the people that care for there needs buy the things we like to have,like most people have anywhere from a 20 dollar bag to a 250 dollar bag(me having a 200 dollar bag). so until they get the idea to spend money on having the good life of disc golf, i would say don't waste on a dime on chuckers. unless they start respecting the course and not vandalizing it , and that's the day a monkey comes out of my butt-hole.

Get a piece of wood and drill as many holes (squares or circles) as wide as the drink containers you want them to hold. Affix a similar width solid board underneath it. Mount it to the tee sign. Cheap but effective drink holders that won't send you to the poor house when vandals do their thing.

I'm all for ammenities on a a course and cool twists that make a place more enjoyable or fun to play, but people have already said it: really no need for it, people will destroy them (sadly just a matter of time), and (intentionally or not) people will just leave their drinks in them.

Don't waste time, effort, or resources on somethingsomething that seems like a good idea, but really won't enhance anyone's experience on the course.

Put your time effort and energy into something that will have more impact on the course... for example, "NEXT TEE" signs, or simply paint a spoke on the basket pointing the way to the next tee; blue for advanced, white for intermediate, red for beginner... works quite well if you think it through, and very cost effective - spray paint's cheap.

add a recycling bin and rake in the money
^ this! Seems stupid to throw recyclable bottles in the trash to head to a landfill.

Last edited:
Get a piece of wood and drill as many holes (squares or circles) as wide as the drink containers you want them to hold. Affix a similar width solid board underneath it. Mount it to the tee sign. Cheap but effective drink holders that won't send you to the poor house when vandals do their thing.

^^ Best idea. A cheap hole saw, a 2x4 to drill, and a 1x4 or plywood for the bottom piece. A few screws or a tube of adhesive.

I also can't see this being overly useful, but it's a nice extra touch if you have the time and spare cash. Might come in handy for larger groups or if people hang at an ace run hole for awhile.

The bag hooks should do.

If you already have bag hooks and people hang their bag that has a drink holder then the pole now has a temp drink holder.

I forgot where I saw it but I remember seeing a wooden tray type of thing mounted to the top of a tee sign that had cup divots sorta doubled as 'set any other crap down here if you want' stand as well. I liked it but agree that it is not a$$hole proof.

Here's your Class A Custom Drink Holder:

picture.php

(had to do it quick & dirty while the boss wasn't looking)