• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driver with Heavy Fade at the end

aajpity

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'd like a driver (distance & fairway both please) that is straight for most of the flight path but at the end has a heavy fade at the end.

Fairway: Discraft Predator
Distance: Latitude 64 XXX (not sure if this one has late fade though, but I seem to recall that being the case)

The Predator is a fairly fast fairway, and when beat, is supposedly wonderful straight driver. I really love working lines with it- great disc for pushing out hard annys that fight back strong, overheads, and headwinds. Never used the XXX, but it is well liked and very overstable.

How far are you throwing? Most of these lines can be coaxed out of other discs as well, providing less to carry and all around more types of shots you can throw for each disc, making you better as a player. I recommend a teebird.

S-PD. Just a little longer and a little more overstable than a Teebird, but still very straight.

Honestly, this question is hard to answer without you providing some basic information.

Stabs in the dark for you
Champ TeeBird
150 Flick
S-PD
Striker

yeah striker for longer eagle...think PD would be about the same.

I'm going to mention a very underrated/unspoken of disc. The Innova Max.

Why do you think that is?

I have one and its an absolute meathook (I was going to say beast or monster meaning them in the non-innova disc name, like that dude is such a beast, this is my sad monologue of how I came to choose the term meathook).

I really like it, it is very useful for what it is and the rim is very comfortable. I love to FH it.

Distance: Latitude 64 XXX (not sure if this one has late fade though, but I seem to recall that being the case)

Never used the XXX, but it is well liked and very overstable.

The XXX is more of an early turner from my experience. It goes left in a hurry RHBH. It is also about the same speed as the Pred I think

Why do you think that is?

They're only in production in Star plastic at max weight, and I've seen a few of them behave erratically in wind. After a little wear they do the crazy double flip in big headwinds, where they'll turn over 30 degrees instantly ride it for a second, then flip all the way back to regular crazy Max fade. They just don't straighten out very well. With Destroyers, you can at least throw them on a hyzer, know they're going to flip and ride a smooth line, even in headwinds.

Interesting...what do you mean by a crazy double flip? like 2 s-curves mashed together?

Just an abrupt turn, followed by an abrupt fade. I've seen them instantly flip like 30 degrees and track right for a second, then very quickly return back to the original angle and fade out. Odd behavior.

Weird. I stopped throwing mine because I don't have a huge arm so other discs that are less OS still take care of all my OS needs.

Latest posts