• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Driving the Putter

I have a Arrow. Its one of the discs people love or hate. I really enjoy it though, it is really easy to grip and toss. I have made some great 30ft putts with it.

Dude you need Wizards. They are one of the best putters for a reason. The More a Wizard gets worn in the better it becomes. It will beat to a certain point and it will stay that way for a long long time.

If for some reason the Wizards don't work out for you,you can get a Warlock. A Warlock is basically a beadless Wizard that is already worn in.

They are both produced by Gateway.

Dude you need Wizards. They are one of the best putters for a reason. The More a Wizard gets worn in the better it becomes. It will beat to a certain point and it will stay that way for a long long time.

If for some reason the Wizards don't work out for you,you can get a Warlock. A Warlock is basically a beadless Wizard that is already worn in.

They are both produced by Gateway.

What kind of Wizard? There are three to choose from?

What kind of Wizard ... interesting question.

There's Suregrip, Evolution, and Organic; all of them come in enough variations that they could definitely be thought of as about 15 plastics.

If you can't go feel some in a store, I'd suggest getting some SS and work from there. The "S" value is more a texture rating than a firmness rating, fyi, but typically S is harder than SSS.

There's also Eraser, Chalky, and RFF; RFF are floppy, Chalky are slickish, and Eraser are velvety.

Honestly, it's deer season and I just don't have enough time to talk about wizards atm. If you go to gateway's website, they have a couple of articles about them.

What the guy above me said.

Wizards are great putters and like I said if you don't like the bead on a Wizard get a Warlock. You can get similar plastics in a Warlock too.

I could be biased on a Wizard since I've used one for almost 11 years lol

What kind of Wizard ... interesting question.

There's Suregrip, Evolution, and Organic; all of them come in enough variations that they could definitely be thought of as about 15 plastics.

If you can't go feel some in a store, I'd suggest getting some SS and work from there. The "S" value is more a texture rating than a firmness rating, fyi, but typically S is harder than SSS.

There's also Eraser, Chalky, and RFF; RFF are floppy, Chalky are slickish, and Eraser are velvety.

Honestly, it's deer season and I just don't have enough time to talk about wizards atm. If you go to gateway's website, they have a couple of articles about them.

Wow...I am kinda embarrassed that I didn't read this article before I bought the KC. The SuperSoft Wizard was sitting on the same shelf...

What the guy above me said.

Wizards are great putters and like I said if you don't like the bead on a Wizard get a Warlock. You can get similar plastics in a Warlock too.

I could be biased on a Wizard since I've used one for almost 11 years lol

Can't go wrong with a Wizard!!!

If you have any interest in trying an Ion or an Anode PM me and I can send you one to test out. If not I hope you find one that works for you, because everyone needs a go to driving putter!
i dont know if you seen this ^^^^ some good stuff

i bought some wizards just for driving.
they are too deep and beaded, I couldnt get a clean release.

but i do drive with a voodoo for glow

if you are used to a classic aviar, something more shallow may be more comfortable

my main driving putters are pure and zone

I would get a variety of putters and go play some all putter rounds. I think it helps a lot to experience the difference between under stable putters and overstable putters during a round.

I would get a variety of putters and go play some all putter rounds. I think it helps a lot to experience the difference between under stable putters and overstable putters during a round.

I do have a small collection of putters now. So, I may have to give that a try when the weather permits multiple round action!

Aviar Classic (168g), Aviar Classic, KC Pro Aviar, R-Pro Dart, and Super Stupid Soft Wizard (all 175g). So far, I am liking the Dart for short mid-range shots. The grip with the squishiness of the R-Pro blend is pretty dope to me.

I picked up the Wizard due to the overwhelming suggestions for it. It is my first venture outside the big two companies. It's also fresh off the shelf. On my way to go throw it. :thumbup:

I do have a small collection of putters now. So, I may have to give that a try when the weather permits multiple round action!

Aviar Classic (168g), Aviar Classic, KC Pro Aviar, R-Pro Dart, and Super Stupid Soft Wizard (all 175g). So far, I am liking the Dart for short mid-range shots. The grip with the squishiness of the R-Pro blend is pretty dope to me.

I picked up the Wizard due to the overwhelming suggestions for it. It is my first venture outside the big two companies. It's also fresh off the shelf. On my way to go throw it. :thumbup:

solid decision. were you able to pick it up and feel it in person?

solid decision. were you able to pick it up and feel it in person?

Thanks! Yes, I felt it up good and also got to throw it into a giant blanket the shop owner has set up. Also did this with a Warlock. Wizard won me over. Though, I am not used to a bead, yet. (Didn't know that's what the part on the KC that tears my finger up, is called.)

I got my old Pro D Magnet out yesterday, and did some driving with it, and it did well in practice. Took it to the course today, and it worked wonders. Set me up for some good putts

I got my old Pro D Magnet out yesterday, and did some driving with it, and it did well in practice. Took it to the course today, and it worked wonders. Set me up for some good putts

I've not ever tried a Magnet, (put my hands on them at the store a few times.) but I used my Dart for the shorter mid-range shots today. Bonked the rim from the fairway a few times. I could be onto something here!

If your diggin the Dart then keep it in the bag. The thing I liked about the Dart is how it holds an anny on shorter shots.

Please tell what you prefer between the KC and the Wizard. If you don't like the KC and the bead on the Wizard, try the SSS Voodoo.

If your diggin the Dart then keep it in the bag. The thing I liked about the Dart is how it holds an anny on shorter shots.

Please tell what you prefer between the KC and the Wizard. If you don't like the KC and the bead on the Wizard, try the SSS Voodoo.

Yes, the Dart stays! I love the Dart! And the Walmarts around here have them by the truckload, so I won't ever have trouble finding them. :thumbup:

I like the feel of the Wizard over the KC, the texture of it. The Super Stupid Soft Wizard, to me, feels like one of those giant pink erasers. Kinda rubbery and powdery at the same time. Maybe this doesn't make sense, but in my brain it does. :D

Latest posts