• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Drone lovers

Nate, I'll be back on here in a short while and would go into detail about them if you'd like. Also, plastic does matter regarding flight path though most any Drone is very overstable - like any mold they all don't fly exactly the same.

I could compile an album of some (most?) of the Drones I've owned if a visual aid will help you or others.

I have not thrown Ti, only handled it.
That would be rather nice! You don't have to do all that work although it would be cool to know which Drones are more/less overstable. I became interested in this sort of thing after getting a DX Wraith and finding it to be understable even though I read on Infinitediscs.com that the Wraith must be thrown with anhyzer because of its overstability. So now I am considering plastics (and weights) more than ever when looking for certain stabilities.

Sounds like you have a lot of plastic!

I do lol...got caught up with a lady friend last night and I have to work all day now, but later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning I'll try and make a write up of all the Drones I've gone through.

I really like the Ti Drone after being an afficianado of certain LE FLX and SE/LE Z drones for a long time. The Ti Drone is all I need now. It wont flex out quite as much as my LE FLXs will, and the Zs will sometimes flex too much for me, but the TI will just flip to flat and cruise straight and ALWAYS fades. I bet the TI beats in to fly somewhat like the FLX and ultimately replaces my Z drone as my summertime OS Mid...however the LE FLX will still hold its slot as my wintertime OS mid.

I am loving the Drone for short forehand approaches. Thrown at low speed and even wobbly this disc will hold a nice, solid bend. I wasn't sure I liked this disc at first but now I look forward to using it.

I love the Drone. It's the most used disc in my bag. For straight shots, I'll usually flex a Drone rather than try to go right at it. For hyzers, what's better? Spikes, cut rollers, forehands, pancakes ... I just can't wait til I get one beat in. I've only been using my current FLX for a few years, so I probably have a few more years before I have 2 stabilities in my Drone cycle :\

If there was one disc I'd predict would never leave my bag, it would be my Drone.

Latest posts