• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Drug testing at swiss event this weekend

What if I told you, you could play discgolf not high....

5v4sjtf78lzx.jpg

If I have cancer and smoke to help stimulate my appetite, AND play disc golf, I'm on PEDs? Bless your heart.

Quoted for anger, I got nothing lol

No, but seriously, if William Randolph Hearst wasn't so money hungry, and our outdated "Mexicans and marijuana bad" propaganda campaign wasn't so embedded in the US government, it WOULD already be federally legal. There WOULD be dosages assigned by actual doctors. That's what the cannabis community is trying to accomplish.

If you are a professional athlete, then sure you are on PEDs (Lance Armstrong was not elite until his "treatment")...if your just a guy then no. Also, athletes with an attention deficit diagnosis who take stimulants...they are taking peds. Unless they had been on stimulants to make it through K-12 and then college and still take them...they are using it for performance enhancement. If you can make it through school without a stimulant for your adhd but now you need it to play pro sports....you are taking a PED.

I have read the primary literature...meta-analysis' on the benefits of THC and/or CBD for mental health conditions...there is no evidence they have a positive effect...there is mounting evidence that it exacerbates mental health conditions. It is no longer the case that it hasnt been studied...its been and still is studied...and the evidence does not indicate that THC is effective in addressing mental health issues. CBD shows some indication of benefit...but since the evidence indicates that THC (the part that gets you high) doesn't help you mental health, but CBD might...why then does the person who regularly uses THC+CBD not simply switch to the CBD only? Hmmmm...yeah we know the answer...they like getting high...getting high is a coping mechanism they are using to avoid or ignore something which can actually be addressed.

What we are witnessing is that some people have caught on that millions of dollars can be made through the monetization of a substance....So they are exploiting and distorting the issues to create a legal market where they can generate profit.

Last edited:
Yes, I roll. Not exactly sure what your point about the "tunnel vision" is. Are you saying that weed is a direct performance enhancer instead of a training enhancer like I am saying?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771410-the-worlds-best-athletes-smoke-weed-heres-proof-what-now

People train to improve performance, therefor, enhancing training is enhancing performance. You can inject more red blood cells (super all natural by the way) to improve recovery time but its not a "direct performance enhancer." There are lots of ways to reduce inflammation....they are all over the place and some of them are fine to take.

Random internet articles which quote some dudes are not evidence. There is a way to study things and asking some guys and then making an argument is not how that is done.

Also, complete and total legalization and decriminalization is the best solution. Get the damn word MEDICAL out of it because that is the problem. You want to get high here and there like you have a few beers...do it...just dont tell me that the beers are fixing your PTSD, anxiety, depression, etc....because...we have the data, the studies show getting high on THC is not helping your mental health issues.

Last edited:
Random internet articles which quote some dudes are not evidence. There is a way to study things and asking some guys and then making an argument is not how that is done.

I did not realize you were asking me for a dissertation on the painkilling properties of weed in relation to pro athletes. I figured my highly relevant article would be enough for a discussion on a disc golf forum. If you don't believe me all I can say is, I don't care. :popcorn:

as somebody who struggles a lot with nerves (putting in front of a crowd, oh how i hate you) I can tell you that THC certainly does not make things better, if anything it makes things worse. What helps me personally A LOT more is a glass of beer before a round. Not two, that gets me drunk. But one glass loosenes me up just that relaxing bit.

If we are talking PED in golf, we must be talking about anxiety controling substances. I dont know much about this stuff, but i think if a not-adhd person takes ADHD medicine, that has such an effect.

Or cocaine. I heared that this hypes you up, you feel like you are on the top of the world etc. Certainly the mindset you'd want for making putts, right?

IMO drugs like these are much more in danger of actually enhancing your performance. But weed? Cmon...