• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest Disc Purchased

I'm going to agree with the kite. I just couldn't make that thing not flip over, but I gave it to may little brother who has absolutely no arm strength and he loves it. So, I guess some good came out of it.

same here,the Kite flips on me ALL THE TIME. The DVD that comes with the starter pack including the Kite called it a good Roller disc. I see his point now. Still as worthless as a Boss for my forehand style.

Groove

/thread
^this.

More interesting:
BEST purchase ever: Challenger
Best SURPRISE purchase ever: R-Pro Boss... never expected to get any real D of of a Boss w/my noodle arm (regardless of the weight). So glad I got turned onto this! Mr. Terry calhoun: you are The Man!

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I knew that. I'll use the "I played a few rounds at Dalaiwood over the weekend before playing four other courses so I was exhausted when I typed that" excuse. I'll still stand by the "Neither of those look remotely interesting" statement though.

hahaha its ok:) won't judge you too harshly.

On the drivers I agree with you, but I will strongly defend my Hydra love. Really a long driving putter/approach disc. Nicely stable and I have been using mine for a year and a half and still maintains its flight characteristics. More people should give it a try.

Gotta be the Wahoo, and possibly the Vulcan. I did buy into the Spectra once, too.

Side note on the Wahoo. I couldn't believe how flippy mine got after just a dozen throws or so. Shelved it, then on a whim I put it in the oven at about 140°...the stability returned! Probably never going to throw it again since I got some good 130s blizzards that float and are useable...so if anyone wants a Wahoo....

:eek:I'm not sure if I bought it or if it just creeped into my bag one night but the tsunami was just plain offal I would throw it trying to loose it yet it seemed to miraculously come back to me finally gave it to a guy who lost a disc on a water whole. I still have nightmares that I'll wake up and its back in my bag... :eek:

DKG Disc Sports - Exodus Line - "A Wing and a Prayer"

has one of those rims that is nonexistent and turns hard out of my hand. bought it just to try something new and found out I should stick with what I know.

I've got a few. Before I took this seriously ans understood discs I bought a champ monster. That thing was so overstable I couldn't get it to do anything other than hook into the ground

I also traded for a inferno a few weeks back.

for me it was the TI buzzz and the star vulcan.

TI buzzz was the first and only buzzz i bought, but it is warped(even the wing) and every time I get it flattened out from heat it just warps again during my next round. 2 weeks later I bought an MVP axis and never threw the buzzz again.

The star Vulcan I bought was soo flippy that when released with a -70 degree hyzer it would still flip over and burn, as you can imagine I lost that disc pretty quickly.

I would have to go with ANY tie-dye disc I ever bought. I have lost every one over the years until I learned how invisible they are in woods.

Oh no you didn't!

The wraith. Not ready for it when I bought it thought it looked cool!
Great disc now that I am ready for it.

Funny how this works. Some of the discs I bought in the past that were "dumb purchases" are GREAT discs for me now. For example, Gators. I wasn't ready for them and thought they were stupid overstable at first. Now that I know how to control them, they are one of my go-to discs (esp in any wind).

...just plain offal...

Did you mean awful, or are you trying to say it's sh1t? Either way you're probably right :D

My worst purchase was the Frisbee driver that came in the beginner set. At least I only paid $1.67 (the whole set was on clearance for $5).

It tacoed on the first tree hit. I lost it at T2 and never looked for it.

Biggest waste of money that I have spent on a disc was a pink Champ Starfire. I had a older yellow one that flew just a tick more stable than my Orcs. I used to favor it for windy days because into some wind it flew exactly like my Orcs.

So I got a pretty new pink one... The flash was so huge and sharp it felt like a box cutter was molded into the rim. It was arm bracingly over stable and had absolutely zero glide. It would just leave my hand and dive / fade right into the ground. It seriously flew like these new Firebirds people are talking about. Never encountered a starfire like that since. But man, that thing was absolutely unthrowable for what I bought it for / how starfires are meant to fly.

Dumbest disc purchase was today when I offered 1.23 million per carbon fiber disc with a preorder for a stack. I'm a dolt.

hahaha its ok:) won't judge you too harshly.

On the drivers I agree with you, but I will strongly defend my Hydra love. Really a long driving putter/approach disc. Nicely stable and I have been using mine for a year and a half and still maintains its flight characteristics. More people should give it a try.

I bought an x-out Hydra just to use as a water disc. I don't throw it anywhere near water, I don't want to lose it. Awesome disc for a rising shot that drops relatively straight. Oh, and worst purchase; Kite. Best trade; Kite for esp Comet.