• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX plastic back for good?

MNcyclone

Double Eagle Member
Anyone else notice that DX plastic seems to have been improved in the latest runs? It is still different than the glory days of DX, but to me it is noticeably better than the long standing www. DX runs.

Most notably I purchased a couple DX teebirds that had me remembering why that was the only driver I threw 10 years ago. Consistent plh and plastic feel, good durability, and great flight. Another one is the latest classic rocs I have fondled; they were buttery, flat miracles that made the stiff domey ones seem even more inferior than I already though they were.

So am I running into a couple older DX discs or is this across the board?

I got a kite for Christmas. My brother didn't know what to get me so he grabbed some assorted dx from Wal-Mart. Anyways, it took a tree hit that would taco most discs, and barely a scuff. Idk but I was wondering about this too.

I think this is what we all hope, but only time will tell. After 4 or 5 replacements maybe a more definite answer will show

I noticed this around Christmas time when I went with my father to get him a disc from the local proshop. He got a 150 dx leopard. I noticed the plastic seemed quite a bit different than the older dx leopards I had.

The new Dx seemed less stiff and less brittle. It almost seemed like it was closer to a star blend compared to the older Dx discs I had to compare it to.

The new Dx seemed less stiff and less brittle. It almost seemed like it was closer to a star blend compared to the older Dx discs I had to compare it to.
This is consistent with one of the three DX discs I have bought that I would consider more recent runs (/w flight #'s). My 175 Rancho Roc just feels waxy and flexible. My 170 DX Teebird feels similarly, but not as waxy. Both are seasoned well and I've been pleased by the durability.

I have noticed recently as well with orders for my store from Innova...for instance I got some factory second flat top dx rocs that had a soft grippy but firm feel...couldn't believe it was dx

My DX Rhyno I got a few months ago has a much better feel to it then most DX I've touched last summer.

Bought dx eagles and rocs and kc pro rocs recently, been very pleased.

I read the title of this thread as "dx plastic good for back?" haha

I just got a small ordered of discs in this week. All I order were DX except for the Makos. Some of the DX felt and looked different than some of the DX from a couple of years ago. Others have a bit of white-chalky look within the plastic itself. Those discs also feel a bit different...almost brittle feeling. I'll have try and keep up with those if players i know buy them or will have to keep one for myself as a test.

Latest posts