• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DX Teebird help

a tourney disc, it's the only way to get Champ TLs. not that + rim **** Innova is trying to push on us.

Do they have the same glide and distance potential everyone wants from the Teebird though?

Ya, that weight is the problem. That's probably going to be unthrowably flippy. You could fight it and try to throw it, but you're gonna be better off in the 170-175 range on a dx bird

Champ 150 teebirds are throwable but dx wont have the stability

we haven't seen you throw so you might have some OAT. what they're saying is that if you do have a problem with OAT a superlight Dx Tbird is not going to help you because even if you do have a good throw the thing can flip over so it's going to be hard to tell where your problem is.

i'd look for something that is stable and in a plastic that will stay that way so you can get a good baseline for improvement. that's why i recommended a CFR Champ TL, it's a disc that from my experience is very consistent run to run and it keeps the same stability for a long time. plus it's a disc that is very similar to how Dx Tbirds fly brand new from my experience.

if the champ TL with a flat release is getting flippy then you'll definitely know that you have some OAT problems. if you don't want to track one of those down there's a ton of other options out there that are good substitutions for a Dx Tbird like... QJLS / SJLS, Opto River, Champ Leopard.

It looks like the weight is ONE cause of the problem. I also suggest a 170ish teebird in any plastic.

Light discs are quite flippy.

Good luck.

My 176 Z Buzzz flies pretty straight for most of the flight on a flat throw with little fade at the end.

I had an older DX Teebird (170g) that was my go to straight/tunnel shot disc. Unfourtunately lost it, bought what I thought was an identical disc to replace it. Not even close. The older Teebird was flat on top, the newer one was a domey turnover machine. The older one I got used in a trade, so I don't know if it was originally flat. I have noticed all Teebirds are pretty domey. I now have an FLX Surge that is super flat that has taken the place of the old Teebird in my bag. It flies just about identical to the old Teebird, even able to throw the same down hill laser shot into a head wind. Did they make two different DX Teebirds?

They made googolplex different dx tee birds. Every disc is different. Throw it to see what it does. Write on it in permanent marker so you remember.

because i dont want to open another thread about the same disc (okay mines a champion but thats not what im concerned about) im going to ask another question here. Whenever i throw my teebird, often times it will get its usual hyzer yet the second it hits the ground it skips but it will skip way off to the left. Im not entirely sure why it does this, it may have to do with my grip and or release, but if anyone has a similar effect, or a solution, do you think you could share that knowledge with me?

because i dont want to open another thread about the same disc (okay mines a champion but thats not what im concerned about) im going to ask another question here. Whenever i throw my teebird, often times it will get its usual hyzer yet the second it hits the ground it skips but it will skip way off to the left. Im not entirely sure why it does this, it may have to do with my grip and or release, but if anyone has a similar effect, or a solution, do you think you could share that knowledge with me?

Having discs that skip can be a great benefit, you just need to plan for it to skip. Either release more to the right, or throw a different disc. Just about any stable/overstable disc will skip when it lands after a hyzer. There's a hole at Portage Lakes DGC that a lot of people try for a skip ace. It's pretty wide open with low hanging trees surrounding the basket. Behind the basket is the park road which is o.b. I only try for the skip ace if I'm playing doubles, too easy to go o.b.

DX 'Birds are the sheez knees. I made the mistake of buying a beat in Star one thanks to the beauty that is my DX, and the Star one I have is only good for 180' hard left turning holes (but holy crap it's a gem in that one situation). It's like throwing a Drone on a hyzer line. But the DX I have flies long and straight with just enough fade... Unless I sidearm it... In which case it flips over, goes left, and never returns :wall:.

DX 'Birds are the sheez knees. I made the mistake of buying a beat in Star one thanks to the beauty that is my DX, and the Star one I have is only good for 180' hard left turning holes (but holy crap it's a gem in that one situation). It's like throwing a Drone on a hyzer line. But the DX I have flies long and straight with just enough fade... Unless I sidearm it... In which case it flips over, goes left, and never returns :wall:.

I have the exact same problem! My DX Teebird flies straight as an arrow so I figured I'd pick up a Star one and the two couldn't be more different. The star one makes some hard left turns when thrown the same as the DX. Next time, I'll just stick with the DX.