• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX teebird

Just a quick bump to thank the folks in this thread for inspiring me to snag a DX Teebird next time I'm out. Will beat DX Teebirds cover all of my Leopard lines? Seems like a great opportunity to simplify my bag...

Eh, no. TeeBirds don't turn well. If you want to carry a single mold and cycle them to cover all your control driver shots, you want to throw Eagles. If you want to throw TeeBirds, you need to compliment it with something. TeeBirds are great at what they do, but what they do is go straight and long.

Well, I started this thread to express my love for the DX teebird and now the same reason I loved them so much is why I have to let them go....
I finally took the last teebird out of my bag about 2 weeks ago. Not because they are no good, but because I throw them waaaaay too far with very little power, leaving a gap on those awkward fairway distances. I started the search for a slightly shorter, controllable at both low and high power levels fairway driver a couple of months ago and the cyclone came up on top. I will miss the teebird as we have had a lot of great times together, but it's time to set them free. There is occasionally a shot where I wish I had my massive turnover/sky roller teebird or my super stable flatties, but for now, they are on the bench.
That being said: DX teebirds are still one of my all time favorite discs and I kind of secretly hope they work thier way back into the bag some day.

i understand teebirds and pds are similar and was wondering if a 300' of power the pd will act pretty much the same as my star tb. i throw it straight with a dependable fade. just wondering seeing as the pd has a much more comfortable rim for me.

i understand teebirds and pds are similar and was wondering if a 300' of power the pd will act pretty much the same as my star tb. i throw it straight with a dependable fade. just wondering seeing as the pd has a much more comfortable rim for me.

An S or C PD is very overstable at 300' right out of the box. They're more power hungry than a Star Teebird. A P-PD would probably work nice for you though.

Is this pretty much fact? I was about to order a Glow DX TB. I like white and the stamp.

I dunno..... I like the feel of my new glow TB better than some of the new blend DX Eagles I recently ordered. I'll have to see, I guess...

But compared to old DX, they are quite inferior, imo.

Question for everybody. Spightly overstable fairway shot. Champ teebird or star teebird?

I would have said Champ but all the new ones i've seen are domey as crap. I've heard they aren't as stable but I haven't actually thrown one of the newer ones

I would have said Champ but all the new ones i've seen are domey as crap. I've heard they aren't as stable but I haven't actually thrown one of the newer ones

^this but I've thrown them, most of my new ones are flippy:thmbdown: though i've heard there's some flatter/more os ones out there.

My answer is GlowCFR, I picked up a stack last weekend, still quite domey, but stable, just what I would expect from a teebird.

The glow cfr I have are rock hard and just don't feel good at all :\ but they do have a bit of stability to them.

Hear me out here... I got a couple Japan Open stamped Glow Champ Teebird Plus'. They say Cal (I believe they all do) and are flatter than current Champ Teebirds. I was very skeptical, I have heard lots of negativity about the plus. I was pleasantly surprised. I like my glow 175 glow TB+'s. Ok let the flaming begin, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Flatter and more stable than I expected.

so star is still slightly overstable?? or will the champ be the better compliment to the dx.. I have an awesome ty on my champ teebird too though lol.

Champ should be a bit more HSS through the life of the disc. Hyzers and straight shots w fade.

Star may start that way but after some months might give you a bit of high speed turn and will likely be a bit longer than champ. So Star is in between Dx and Champ but more like Champ.

To answear question Star is likely a better compliment for DX unless you need a more stable disc for wind or such.

How are the current dx eagles and teebirds? Flat and grippy dx or domey and slick with bad wear?
I pulled my cal eagles and teebirds out of the bag because I don't enjoy stressing about replacing them if they go missing ot wear out. I picked up some pds but i have a pearly champ which I believe is from a cfr run that is nice and stable, an awesome feeling gummy champ but surprise surprise its a plus that sprays left when i don't think about it and right when i do.. I grabbed a couple pros but they feel like complete garbage and its already flip city.
I did see some star eagle x's that were super grippy and flat just like 11x's fresh from innova that I've been considering..

How are the current dx eagles and teebirds?

I pulled my cal eagles and teebirds out of the bag because I don't enjoy stressing about replacing them if they go missing ot wear out. I picked up some pds but i have a pearly champ which I believe is from a cfr run that is nice and stable, an awesome feeling gummy champ but surprise surprise its a plus that sprays left when i don't think about it and right when i do.. I grabbed a couple pros but they feel like complete garbage and its already flip city.

I've had bad luck with current run DX stuff. Really susceptible to surface damage like scuffs, gashes, and dents. It's only been in DX Aviars and Rocs though, can't say for sure about the fairway drivers...

C PD's are all pretty overstable. Not quite as HSS as flat 11x Teebirds or the super beefy Eagles, but they've got a strong predictable fade that's really easy to play, and they're still pretty long. I never had any trouble with the plus rim, but if you do, you could always consider the OLF.

P-PDs are not like their premium plastic counterparts. They're analogous to the DX Teebird. High glide/turn, low fade bombers once seasoned. FWIW the 4 or 5 P-PDs I've thrown from Discmania have been what you'd want out of a baseline driver: Lots of glide, firm with a nice grip, and pretty good resistance to chunking, warping, and road rash.

I've had bad luck with current run DX stuff. Really susceptible to surface damage like scuffs, gashes, and dents. It's only been in DX Aviars and Rocs though, can't say for sure about the fairway drivers...

C PD's are all pretty overstable. Not quite as HSS as flat 11x Teebirds or the super beefy Eagles, but they've got a strong predictable fade that's really easy to play, and they're still pretty long. I never had any trouble with the plus rim, but if you do, you could always consider the OLF.

P-PDs are not like their premium plastic counterparts. They're analogous to the DX Teebird. High glide/turn, low fade bombers once seasoned. FWIW the 4 or 5 P-PDs I've thrown from Discmania have been what you'd want out of a baseline driver: Lots of glide, firm with a nice grip, and pretty good resistance to chunking, warping, and road rash.

I love the cfr as i expected it to be stable. the plus feels amazing, gummy and grippy but... It a plus and I'm old school. The pros are insanely stiff with no grip. I've seen the pics of the good ones and know what to look for but innova just doesn't send them.

The newest run of DX is trash. Its really waxy and stiff and gets damaged very easily. Some colors are better than others though, white is by far the worst. The best colors are usually pinks, blues, and yellow.

Latest posts