• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dx vs Champ Teebird (glide)

SoSunny

Par Member
Anybody with teebird experience. I just started throwing teebirds this year. my main thrower is champion 350-60 feet straight then pretty overstable like a mini firebird. My new dx can go 50 ft longer with fade finish. Will my champion go at least as long as my new dx when broken in? Would be nice if so.

Im interested in people with teebird experience not internet snobs please. Not looking to read through 100+ pages no time for that.

Im interested in people with teebird experience not internet snobs please. Not looking to read through 100+ pages no time for that.

I'll bite.

No, the Champ will never glide as much as the DX. Math and stuff (search those threads?).

Yes the fade will dwindle and yes the glide will increase, but no they'll never truly be comparable.

Elmex wanted you to POST in that thread, not read it. Why spread out Teebird information when it can be answered in an already designated location:| good luck not-snob

I'll bite.

No, the Champ will never glide as much as the DX. Math and stuff (search those threads?).

Yes the fade will dwindle and yes the glide will increase, but no they'll never truly be comparable.

Elmex wanted you to POST in that thread, not read it. Why spread out Teebird information when it can be answered in an already designated location
:| good luck not-snob

Second both of these.

I've thrown thrashed Star and Champion TB's and they still don't compare. G Star is closer but still not the same. DX TB's are in a class of their own. Which I've gushed about in the aforementioned Teebird thread...

Most Teebirds are good discs and very useful. I bag a Glow champ and a Metal Flake and no matter how thrashed they are they will never have DX glide. I can put them on a target with regularity from 300-375 though, and they don't flip like crazy like a DX can after a dozen tree hits.

My all time favorite Teebird is my 162 gram Star. I have a 167 gram G-Star and several in Champion plastic as well, but none of them perform anywhere close to the first one mentioned. Honestly, I've just never really thrown DX plastic as my favorite course has enough trees, road signs, etc. that one good smack and it would be pretty much ruined as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts