• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

dye alternatives, and broader ranges of colors

roggenb3, holotone and namar, sounds good. Here's the price list, the first price listed is for the 2oz jar, the second price is for 4oz jar. I'm not seeing "Fuscia". Can someone confirm if Red Violet on this list is the so-called Fuscia?

Pylakrome Bright Pink FSB-10694 $ 29.17 $ 40.83

Pylam Disperse Bright Red A FSB-11818 $ 22.19 $ 31.06

Pylaklor Orange FSB-9204 $ 21.90 $ 30.60

Pylam Bright Orange FSB-15003 $ 25.60 $ 35.80

Pylam Disperse Fluorescent Yellow FSB-15002 $ 26.70 $ 37.40

Pylam Bright Disperse Green FSB-15001 $ 26.90 $ 37.60

Pylaklor New Dark Blue FSB-677 $ 20.35 $ 28.48

Pylam Turquoise Blue FSB-10159 $ 25.02 $ 35.03

Pylam Disperse Aqua FSB-15000 $ 25.40 $ 35.50

Disperse Blue 1 FSB-65125 $ 22.40 $ 31.30

Pylam Red Violet FSB-9732 $ 20.42 $ 28.59

Pylam Disperse Violet FSB-10524 $ 28.55 $ 39.97

Pylam Synergy Brown FSB-11768 $ 24.10 $ 33.80

Acetamine Black FSB-10000 $ 22.40 $ 31.30

Pylam Disperse Black Ex Conc FSB-10223 $ 22.40 $ 31.30

I'm going to get some Aqua Blue as well if anyone is interested in splitting with me. As I understand, it is pretty close to Cyan.

Read through this thread and am excited to find so many more options other than iDye Poly. It would be awesome to see more DG stores pick up the Pylam colors and resell in smaller quantities. So far I'm satisfied with the iDye but I'm looking for more colors. Might try a couple of these:
http://www.kraftkolour.net.au/disperse-dyes.html

Here are some that I've done with just iDye and acetone:
bisNiCml.jpg

jUefptel.jpg

I'll update when I get around the trying the KraftKolour dyes.

So how exactly do I go about ordering some from your guy? I will pay what he has them priced at :gross:, just for some green and flourescent yellow.

Edit: Nevermind- I see that you posted the number a page back.

to make it easier so people need not scroll back...

call the disc golf store at (586)-435-7031 and when you talk to nick, tell him duff sent you.

Pro Chemicals sample

I made a disc using all the colors in the Pro Chemicals sample pack, except for black. I did not put enough of the Bright Blue or the Turquoise. The Yellow combined with the Blues to form Green.
This was my first detergent attempt with gel as the base. I found that the liquid detergent/dye mix just runs down toward the middle and combines with adjacent colors. I think i may combine the dye with gel next time.
Overall. I like the bright colors. It is a White Star disc.
I don't like how the back of the disc is just plain white, so I'm gonna do a bit more experimenting.

Attachments

• ProChem.jpg
    ProChem.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 87
I've got some Pylam samples coming in the mail, excited to check them out, also picked up some punky color, just trying to get a spin rig setup so i can get to painting - any suggestions on mixtures for either of those? currently I have my idye poly mixed with about 1/2 a jar of water, just for SC dyes, picked up some more tonight to try some other things, I've read mixing it with acetone gets it poppin, but I dont want it to remove any stamps, or eat through the discs. Totally new to dyeing, just messing around for now until I can get some good stencils made

Hey Odyssey, can you (or anyone else) confirm if the color Fuchsia that we are referring to is Pylam Red Violet FSB-9732 or Pylakrome Bright Pink FSB-10694?

Of the color list that the Pylam representative offered, Fuchsia was not specifically listed.

As soon as I can confirm, I'm going to put in an order with Pylam for 4oz jars of each of the following colors: Green, Yellow, and "Fuchsia." Also will be putting in an order for Aqua if anyone else is interested in that color.

Thanks for the help.

Hey Odyssey, can you (or anyone else) confirm if the color Fuchsia that we are referring to is Pylam Red Violet FSB-9732 or Pylakrome Bright Pink FSB-10694?

Of the color list that the Pylam representative offered, Fuchsia was not specifically listed.

As soon as I can confirm, I'm going to put in an order with Pylam for 4oz jars of each of the following colors: Green, Yellow, and "Fuchsia." Also will be putting in an order for Aqua if anyone else is interested in that color.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry for the lagged response on this. Lazy weekend for me! You may have to specifically request it as it was more of a custom sample they did for me when I asked them for a Fuschia. It's nice though. Also works well for a hot pink if not left on too long or you add just a tad of flourescent yellow to the mix.

Sorry for the lagged response on this. Lazy weekend for me! You may have to specifically request it as it was more of a custom sample they did for me when I asked them for a Fuschia. It's nice though. Also works well for a hot pink if not left on too long or you add just a tad of flourescent yellow to the mix.

No problem Odyssey, thanks very much for the response!

I'm inquiring with Pylam right now about selling Fuschia in 4oz jars. Will keep y'all posted.

red-violet is damn near blood red... not a fuchsia at all..

Dang, that Carnage is sick Duff. Another great piece!

How did you get your lines so tight? Did you have to cut/apply two different vinyl stencils for both the red and black colors? If so, how did you get everything to line up so perfectly?

Dang, that Carnage is sick Duff. Another great piece!

How did you get your lines so tight? Did you have to cut/apply two different vinyl stencils for both the red and black colors? If so, how did you get everything to line up so perfectly?

ive come into the age of my quantity exceeding my time, so I've turned to the dark side of plotter cut stencils.

typically i would use clear or white vinyl and draw the design on it via a light table, and cut each color out between dips. like i did w my ewok (ill post that pick... hand cut hell!!!)

now, w the plotter, the stencil is cut, i apply it to the disc, and weed according to color, black first, then red, as the black will not under shine to the red. if need be a 3rd color, ill remark using a light table to see through the disc, and trim via hand cut to expose only the area i want dyed.

Attachments

• ewok disc.jpg
    ewok disc.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 78
ive come into the age of my quantity exceeding my time, so I've turned to the dark side of plotter cut stencils.

typically i would use clear or white vinyl and draw the design on it via a light table, and cut each color out between dips. like i did w my ewok (ill post that pick... hand cut hell!!!)

Yeah, I see what you mean Duff. That is a lot of cuts to be made. Nice work, if for nothing else but your patience! Kind of puts my quandry to sham.

I want to put a Hylian Shield on my disc. 5 colors total. I arranged the shield into a circle and resized the shapes via Illustrator, so the stencil is drawn. Now, I just have to figure out in which order to cut/apply stencil(s) and dyes.

Any suggestions?

Didn't hear anything back from Pylam yet regarding ordering Fuchsia in 4oz jars. Sending another email.

Does anyone have experience with both Aqua and Turquoise Blue from Pylam? Am I correct in assuming that Aqua is the closest to true Cyan #00FFFF?

Sorry, forgot to post the picture of the Hylian Shield. Will only be doing one shade of Grey. 5 Colors: Black, Grey, Red, Blue, Yellow/Gold.

hylian_shield_tp_retexture_by_carlosferret-d5ddav2.png

that.is.awesome. I don't know if I could throw a disc with that on it though. I have some samples that should be here today from Pylam

Pylaklor New Dark Blue S-677

Pylaklor Orange LX-9204

Pylam Red Violet FSB-9732

Is this the right stuff for discs? Also, what is the mixing like on this stuff? I've never used it before so I don't want to mess anything up. I've also got some punky color that looks pretty cool, not sure what to mix that with either to make more of a liquid, I've read that the color fades pretty quick, is there anyway to prevent that?

Sorry, forgot to post the picture of the Hylian Shield. Will only be doing one shade of Grey. 5 Colors: Black, Grey, Red, Blue, Yellow/Gold.

If you are wondering the easiest way to do this, here is how I would do it (not neccessarily the easiest way ;) )

1. Mask and cut everything - I would do double cuts for the outline of the shield and the "corners" if you know what I mean, and single cuts for everthing else (the red part, the triforce).
2. Dip dye in black to get all the outlines (I don't mind the thin black outlines you will get from single cuts - you could cover those with glue to avoid that)
3.Weed gray areas and do the gray/shading with painting - idye black, gun metal, and silver
4.Weed the red and do that with painting

At this point I would remask as it would be tough to do the yellow or blue without getting unwanted dye on the gray and red ares.

5. Remask and cut/weed out all blue areas, do that with dip or painting
6. Weed the triforce and do that with idye golden yellow. At this point the blue in the middle would be weeded, so I would just try to be real careful with applying the yellow with a brush, rather than trying to cover it with vinyl or glue or something. yellow on blue shouldn't be too noticeable anyway.

Fuchsia

Just confirmed with Pylam that they will sell 4oz jars of Fuchsia. :thmbup: Waiting on pricing, then I will send PMs to the 3 users who responded first with regards to Fuchsia, Yellow and Green.

I'd like to pick up Aqua, but I don't need 4oz. If anyone wants to split this color with me, please let me know ASAP, otherwise I'll not add it to the order.

Hylian Shield

This is pretty much what I'm going for. Roggenb3, I'll PM you for more tips and clarification on how you might think it best to go about this dye.

Just got a plethora of iDye Poly. Samples from Pylam will arrive Thursday, and an order from Pylam is in the works. Will probably pick up that prochemicals sample pack for the bright red as well as wetting agent and dye delivery.

Cheers!
:thmbup:

Attachments

• Hyrulian Disc Color.jpg
    Hyrulian Disc Color.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 36