• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Captain

46YearOldSlinger

Double Eagle Member
Let's talk about the Captain. This is the newest distance driver from DD that is designed to slot between the Sheriff and Freedom. How are they flying?

Captain Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Height: 1.6 cm
Rim Depth: 1.1 cm
Rim Width: 2.3 cm
Max Weight: 175.00 g

Additional Information:
Speed: 13.0
Glide: 5.0
Turn: -2.0
Fade: 2.0

Another warp speed driver from DD? When are they going to start producing speed 7 discs? Keep it real boys

I like DD, but their Fairway lineup is a bit lackluster IMO. The maverick has 'slow Valk' numbers, seems like it could compliment the Lat64 Explorer well.

Anyway, I'm curious about the Captain because: a) It's appropriate to throw a Cap America shield dye on it and b) could be a real open Fairway bomber for a lot of players.

Captain

Threw a Captain in the field today. First time I'd ever seen or thrown one. Special edition plastic, 174g. Plastic seems like swirly star.

Disc looks and feels like a Sheriff when you hold it. Rim width seems very similar. The Captain might have a bit less dome though. Max distance with the Captain today was probably 440'. Calm conditions.

Good disc. I feel like it holds a flex line longer than a Sheriff. Great glide and penetration. This is literally the perfect disc for those who can't quite manage to flex a Sheriff out all the way. For me the Captain flew just like a Shryke. Good for flat or slight hyzer flip releases.

I'd recommend the Captain to anyone looking for big open field power. The disc needs room to flex out and bomb. Huge S curve distance. Very slightly less stable than a Sheriff. I won't call it ridiculously flippy.

Captain: 13, 5, -3, 2. Has enough late fade to come back at the end of flight.

OK, the Captain is starting to get on my radar for being a really long disc. I threw one yesterday in the field against a couple Shrykes (G* and champion). The Captain is special edition (swirly) plastic, 173g. The Captain was routinely outflying the Shrykes. It had about the same flight pattern, but held the high speed turn a little longer and had a very penetrating late fade. On a hyzerflip line I was getting the Captain out to 450'. This particular disc outflew any Sheriff I've thrown to date.

The Shryke has some very legit competition with the Captain. The Captain produces a fairly easy 450'. It didn't even feel like I was smashing it. The disc was doing a lot of the work. It stays in the air a very long time and glides great. On a side note, I like DD's special edition plastic. It seems like a nicer product than fuzion or biofuzion.