• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Infinite Discs Maya

PMantle

* Ace Member *
Is there really no thread on this? Sorry if so. Anyway, here goes.

Maya Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Height: 1.1 cm
Rim Depth: 1.1 cm
Rim Width: 1.1 cm(obvious typo by Infinite-PDGA has 2.1)
Max Weight: 178.00 g

Speed: 12.0
Glide: 5.0
Turn: -3.0
Fade: 1.0

OK, let's talk about the oddest thing here: speed. I know speed is different things to different people and companies, but this one is a real head scratcher for me. According to my caliper, this disc is 2.5 mm less than a Destroyer, and 2.0 less than a Tern. Same rim width as a Mamba.

My one disc is an X-out I-blend, I think. 163 which is on the light side for my drivers. Anyway, this thing bombs. I had given up on Terns because I started getting odd releases out of nowhere. I blamed the thinner rim. The Maya also has that rim, but I have not had problems yet. I even set a personal best on one of our longer holes despite the break from Covid and me simply not throwing very far in 2020.

In looks and in flight, the Maya appears to be the child of a Tern and a Mamba. I can see elements of both in the rim, and it is certainly understable. Way more understable than either Champ Terns or even fresh Champ Mambas. Mine is about like an US Star Tern. If you throw over 350, this might be a downwind bomber, but then again, I have a sample of one, and it's light. Otherwise, you may have no use for it. Another comparison would be: a much better Thrasher.

So, I have gone ahead and ordered two more in higher weights. I hope to report back after our course is cleaned up from Laura.

Definitely doesn't work for this noodle armed old man. Not nearly as understable as advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, another personal best on a hole I have played a LOT. This thing really clicks with me. Going to be the longest driver in a lot of bags if people will try it.

The speed rating is definitely off. It's an 11 speed in rim width and flight, which I think is a pro. Compliments my Wraith and Trespass really well, and feels similar in my hand. I'd like to say it's a well-kept secret but they keep selling out really quickly. It's the longest disc in my bag! Loving it

The speed rating is definitely off. It's an 11 speed in rim width and flight, which I think is a pro. Compliments my Wraith and Trespass really well, and feels similar in my hand. I'd like to say it's a well-kept secret but they keep selling out really quickly. It's the longest disc in my bag! Loving it

I seriously may revamp my lineup. This was always missing for me because Mambas just never worked. I have a Wraith I love that is slightly more stable, then I have a few Trespasses. Thanks for the idea.

And, another personal best on a hole I have played a LOT. This thing really clicks with me. Going to be the longest driver in a lot of bags if people will try it.

I tried it. Very first RHBH throw flips to flat, drifts a tad right and then gliiiides 30 feet past my previous sidewinder throw on an almost identical line. My buddy goes, "wow, that thing is buttery". I concur. Really looking forward to getting some more work in with this and really seeing how it will stack up against my Freetails.

I tried it. Very first RHBH throw flips to flat, drifts a tad right and then gliiiides 30 feet past my previous sidewinder throw on an almost identical line. My buddy goes, "wow, that thing is buttery". I concur. Really looking forward to getting some more work in with this and really seeing how it will stack up against my Freetails.

I must have gotten a defective Freetail. Mine is an unintentional roller.

I bought a couple of these last fall and only messed around with them a little bit before winter hit, then kind of forgot about them. I've been bagging one, now two since early June. Holy S*** do these go far for my noodle arm. Longer RR for me in I-blend (pro) plastic. My wife is getting good distance on one too. Totally useless for big power players but great for weak arms.

I finally got out to a field and did some throwing with these I blend mayas. Threw my personal best throw on flat ground, on a golf line, with standard effort, little to no wind, about 15 feet max off the ground to roughly 440-450'. This is exactly the type of flight i was looking for. I blend sphinx has similar flight, not as far, a little more stable for me. Thrown with a little hyzer to flat, flew straight, began to turn and glided in the gentle turn before stabling up a little at the end. Fills the slot i was looking for which is late and continued movement right beyond the distance my forehand can get me. Net right finish.

Latest posts