• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Suspect

I still haven't figured out what shots to use this disc for. Between my Pain, Mace, Truth and Judges, I can't quite figure when to use the Suspect instead of one of those.

I was having the same problem with mine. I loved it and had some great shots but I had a Zone which was great and the Truth hits everything I need over that in the Midrange category. I ended up just getting rid of it. :\

I still haven't figured out what shots to use this disc for. Between my Pain, Mace, Truth and Judges, I can't quite figure when to use the Suspect instead of one of those.

I use my Suspects for all approaches <150'. A lightweight Lucid (168g) for "powering up" on long hyzers / anhyzers; Good for flicking too! A medium weight Bio (172g) for straight shots with a late fade; Sneaky long! And a heavy-ish Classic (174g) for shorter approaches that call for a dumpy fade; Also works well as a hurricane wind putter!

Suspects rule! :thmbup:

There will be a Ron Convers signature suspect coming out soon. he tood me it is a new blend of plastic somewhere between the soft ones and lucid

The Truth and Mace are so close you should lose one of them anyway. And the Pain is probably pretty redundant too. Use the Judge, one of those three mids for the bulk of your mid range shots, and the Judge for approaches you don't trust your Judge for.

My Suspect was great for a while, would fade out of my flex shots and FH approaches. After about a month of heavy use it straightened out a bit... still reliable fade but got too straight at the 250' BH and 150' FH range to do what I need it to do. I can use a Roc for those shots and it's longer. I like the feel of the Suspect a lot, but I'm back with a FLX Drone. More fade for the above distances and very "S"-y touch shots when I'm close without a direct line. Sorry Suspect, it was fun while it lasted!

For what its worth, I've had a Suspect in my bag for a couple weeks now and I haven't really thrown it. I just haven't come across a place where I'd rather throw that than my Drones.
Of course I tried it out a few times when I got it, but I'd just rather throw my Drones. So, I basically have 2 new Lucid Suspects just sitting around collecting dust if anyone wants to work a trade and give them a shot.

My suspect is my Main Approach disc. My bio is a shorter victor and I can range it a little easier for drives. I prefer to power down a driver if I need more beef. My new softs appear to be even more stable and sit down very well on approaches. If I have room for the fade the suspect is getting the nod.

My Suspect was great for a while, would fade out of my flex shots and FH approaches. After about a month of heavy use it straightened out a bit... still reliable fade but got too straight at the 250' BH and 150' FH range to do what I need it to do. I can use a Roc for those shots and it's longer. I like the feel of the Suspect a lot, but I'm back with a FLX Drone. More fade for the above distances and very "S"-y touch shots when I'm close without a direct line. Sorry Suspect, it was fun while it lasted!

Interesting! What plastic was your Suspect?

I'm curious to learn how Suspect's wear. It is my only "overstable" disc so I have no experience on how a 0 turn disc ages...

My first run Lucid is used for the same sorts of shots (rollers, too...) and still has the nice fade. I suspect the BioFuzion and Classic (hard) will have different wear rates, too. Thanks!

Mine was a FR stamped Lucid. It's still pretty solidly 0 turn, it just fades later and less aggressively than at first.

I still like the disc a lot, it's similar to the zone for sure, but the big difference is that you don't have muscle the Suspect on longer shots. It wants to go far.

Mine was a FR stamped Lucid. It's still pretty solidly 0 turn, it just fades later and less aggressively than at first.

I still like the disc a lot, it's similar to the zone for sure, but the big difference is that you don't have muscle the Suspect on longer shots. It wants to go far.

I have the exact same problem as you. Have a first run suspect that was great but now it goes super straight and then fades like a roc. I just got a new verdict in today and it is doing what I wish my suspect was. In with the verdict, out with the suspect.

Awesome! Thanks for the input; Super straight with a Roc-like fade sounds good to me. :thmbup:

Looks like I'll rely upon the Classic (Hard) for the stronger fade. Or maybe even check out a Fuzion. Hmmm...

I use my Suspects for all approaches <150'. A lightweight Lucid (168g) for "powering up" on long hyzers / anhyzers; Good for flicking too! A medium weight Bio (172g) for straight shots with a late fade; Sneaky long! And a heavy-ish Classic (174g) for shorter approaches that call for a dumpy fade; Also works well as a hurricane wind putter!

Suspects rule! :thmbup:

Glad you think the same way about the classic soft ones. I was throwing mine today in a field and my zone was going further. Needless to say I was very very confused by this. Plus side it sat instead of skipping like my lucid. Curious how a few rounds will go with it.

Glad you think the same way about the classic soft ones. I was throwing mine today in a field and my zone was going further. Needless to say I was very very confused by this. Plus side it sat instead of skipping like my lucid. Curious how a few rounds will go with it.

Just to clarify, I have the "first run" Classic (Hard) Suspect. It dumps hard and sits pretty well; Sounds like the Classic Soft sticks even better. Hmmm...

Got my soft classic suspects out to the course today. Nice super flat feel, not too floppy at all. Nicely more stable than the other suspects. Still jot terribly beefy, but has some beef. Had several nice approaches with it and it felt very zoneish. Next to my 7/10 z zone it was a little farther and about the same fade, but no skip. Just stopped for me today. Definitely a nice addition and instantly bagged for me. My new chip shot approach disc.

I got a classic soft and love it. Very short and dumpy as stated above. Great chip shot disc that has reliable flight and won't skip. I'm getting my beat esp zone further on similar lines. The suspect in classic soft is more dumpy than my esp zone.

My classic soft suspect did get quite warped pretty quickly due to how it hits the ground and absorbs the hit...not sure if I'm going to just buy more and expect it.

All in all love the disc and the soft plastic feels great

Latest posts