• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs trailer stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopz33

Eagle Member
Saw this on FB a few hours ago and didnt see it posted on here:

CoolDaddySlickBreeze Productions PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THE DYNAMIC DISCS TRAILER AND ITS CONTENTS THAT WERE STOLEN IN EMPORIA LAST NIGHT!!!! WE THINK THIS IS A CRIME OF OPPORTUNITY NOT A DISCSGOLFER. THE THIEF OR THIEVES MAY TRY TO UNLOAD THE MERCH ON EBAY, CRAIGLIST OR AT A PARK. 400 NO COLLAR DRYFITS AND ABOUT 2100 DISCS WERE TAKEN. ALONG WIT...H TABLES, AND ALL THE OTHER TOURNAMENT GEAR!! REWARD FOR INFO LEADING TO ARREST OR RECOVERY OF MERCHANDISE! see attached photo.

Attachments

• 36028_458095829621_112475329621_6219725_3784217_s.jpg
    36028_458095829621_112475329621_6219725_3784217_s.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 227
Sorry to hear about this, unfortunately trailer thieves are common (happens to musicians quite often). Hope you had insurance on it. Good luck.

This sucks.

I can't really think of a reason for anyone to steal that many discs, too many for personal use and too many to try and move.The DG community is still small enough in terms that if someone tries to unload 2100 discs (many I'm assuming will have DD stamps or dyes) it won't go unnoticed.

How would a thief go about selling that many discs?
Online/ Ebay/ craigslist - Easily to monitor
To other retailers - many retailers are familiar with Dynamic discs and would report it
One by one to individual players - would take forever

4843_heading.jpg

there have been so many trailer thefts recently in this area that cops in one of the local towns have taken to stopping all vehicles with trailers.

there have been so many trailer thefts recently in this area that cops in one of the local towns have taken to stopping all vehicles with trailers.

We just had our trailers broken into last week, and all the other trailers in our office park. Luckily we didn't have much in there. We've had our vans broken into a few times over past few years also.

Um, I hope that is a hyperbole. Because that would be an illegal stop. They have to make more probable cause for a stop than just a possibility of a crime that could or couldn't have happened. That would be the same as you, everyone being stopped on the street because of a rash of meth addiction. It is against the 4th Amendment. Not saying, just saying. If they make an arrest, they are just going to be able to walk away with it.

Get some security out there! Even fake cemeras or something

We have cameras on our building now, after the vans were broken into. The trailers are at the very end of the lot next to a main road. Very ballzy to break into them there, but they did it anyways, must have look outs.

For Sale:

I have 2100 new discs for sale, 400 T-shirts, also a few tables, tournament gear and a trailer that has been re-painted with the VIN scratched off. Make me an offer. Thanks. Terry

Criminals are just so ... so criminal!

: shakes head :

It's just criminal.

Not to make light of what happened, but it completely blows my mind that someone could have the idea that there's no reckoning for doing stuff like that. Just saying. Payback, whenever and wherever it happens, is a *****.

Sad sad world we live in... I wouldnt be suprised if the thieves dump the merchandise and try to cut the trailer up for scrap metal. Crack heads are in every neighborhood in America and I hope these di#Ks()ckers get caught and prosecuted to the fullest.

Status
Not open for further replies.