• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Trooper Backpack Bag

kw83028

* Ace Member *
DD just launched a lower end backpack bag called the Trooper

From DD:
Excellent value meets superior disc storage in the Dynamic Discs Trooper. Boasting a slimmer profile coupled with tried and true OGIO construction, the Trooper is perfect for any disc golfer seeking a backpack-style bag at a more affordable price. The Trooper can hold 18+ discs in its main compartment along with up to 4 putters in the top pocket. The drawstring-enclosed water bottle pocket adjusts to most popular bottle sizes, and two smaller side pockets ensure separate storage for keys, cell phones, wallets, minis, or other small articles you need out on the course. With a sturdy base and lightweight frame, the Trooper will help you endure the test of any course!

Features:
Engineered with low center of gravity to keep your bag upright
Padded straps and back panel for a comfortable carry all day
Large main disc compartment that holds 18+ discs
Upper compartment holds 3-4 putters
Two external pockets for keys, wallet, phone, mini, scorecard, etc.
Reinforced haul handle for ease of operation
Drawstring-enclosed water bottle holder
Zipper pulls for easier zipper function
Velcro tabs keep the front flap clear of discs for easy access

MSRP: $39.99

7d2d3fed-7f05-4e49-a4de-1ebbb24f6bd4.jpg

Attachments

• dynamic-discs-trooper-backpack-blue.jpg
    dynamic-discs-trooper-backpack-blue.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 31
  • dynamic-discs-trooper-backpack-green.jpg
    dynamic-discs-trooper-backpack-green.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 41
  • dynamic-discs-trooper-backpack-red.jpg
    dynamic-discs-trooper-backpack-red.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 42
man i love the price point but I was hoping for a little smaller. Really want a light easy bag to hold 10-12 discs for casual rounds. this still seems bulky

This could be perfect for peeps who carry 20 discs or under and don't carry tons of extra stuff, and agreed it's an excellent price point if it's at all durable/ good quality

What an awesome price point! Look forward to talking to my shop about this bag. Since I carry 22-24 it'll be nice to have alittle lighter bag for those fun days

I hope this Trooper kicks the flawed newer Sniper out of the lineup, No storage on the Sniper, has the ability to only hold 16-17 discs max and then is about $20 more then the Trooper. If it were me, I would modify the one side pocket to be a drink holder only then use the top pocket as the storage unless it is accordion storage for discs only, then I would buy a separate soft style drink holder that I would attach permanently to the bag somehow. I also have seen failure on the Sniper on its Backpack straps themselves.

too bad this doesn't have plastic feet.
would have been a steal of a bag.

too bad this doesn't have plastic feet.
would have been a steal of a bag.

Can always get the flex seal and like paints and paint up the bottom. You could always install some rubber feet using larger rubber corks but not the really large flat ones and a flat screw and have the screw go through the bag and into the rubber cork.

To Person above

I have not used it, but it seems the only big flaw is that mesh Water bottle holder though the new one is way better then the old all mesh one, that and only having one. I would think that would be a barely okay bag not great or anything but just a passable bag for having a max of 10 discs or so.
You really want a bad bag try the beginner one they have from Innova, my friend had an early one in the 2000's till the mesh parts ripped then he got a the last of the Basic Innova disc bag's. That is an OOP bag that was like the Standard but had a lesser strap and was missing the side pocket. It was the beginner bag for Innova when I first played and was my bag, however mine in 2004 was a slick nylon material one of the last years they made the bag in that windbreaker nylon. I used it till 2007 then I won at the ace race a Discraft Tournament Bag I still have even though I just got a Fishing backpack with seat I modified to use as a disc golf backpack.

Just received a Trooper from DD , for my 11 year old son, who doesn't carry a ton of discs, it's perfect for him, drink holder, holds 3-4 putters in the top, and about 16 discs comfortably in the main compartment, 1 other side pocket for accessories/misc items, remains to be seen, how durable it will be. But for the price point, seems like a great value, so far-

Well, this disc golf gear is like crack for me. I just received my Trooper bag which is the 5th bag I've bought in the 14 months I've been playing. I'll get my first round in with it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, you could say I have a problem. Lol

Played 18 tonight with this bag and it definitely is worth $40! I found it very comfortable on my shoulders and it felt lighter than my Upper Park Rebel. I had 18 in the main compartment and 3 in the putter pouch. The bottle holder kept my 32 oz. Ecovessel nice and secure. The only complaint I reall have is the bottom of the bag was not flat once I loaded it completely and it wanted to tip over on uneven surfaces.

I will definitely use this bag for single round outings but will switch back to my Rebel for tournaments or 36-54 hole days.

you should try to place something flat and hard at the bottom of the bag.
maybe some cardboard.

see if that stops it from tipping over.

does the bag have any smell at all?
i noticed ranger bags kind of have a strange smell to them.

Yep, you could say I have a problem. Lol

Played 18 tonight with this bag and it definitely is worth $40! I found it very comfortable on my shoulders and it felt lighter than my Upper Park Rebel. I had 18 in the main compartment and 3 in the putter pouch. The bottle holder kept my 32 oz. Ecovessel nice and secure. The only complaint I reall have is the bottom of the bag was not flat once I loaded it completely and it wanted to tip over on uneven surfaces.

I will definitely use this bag for single round outings but will switch back to my Rebel for tournaments or 36-54 hole days.

Just got my Trooper yesterday. Was able to transfer everything I had in my Sniper except for my second water bottle, with a bit of room to spare. I liked that. Haven't had a chance to play a round with it yet though.

I think it will most likely be my bag for backup discs rather than a replacement for my Sniper. I like the two bottle holders and the side strap to attach my stool and/or umbrella too much to abandon the Sniper for regular use. The Trooper does have a smaller feel, like I could fit it more easily if space is an issue (say, when carpooling with other players to a course/tournament or traveling on a plane), so it may still have its uses.

As for the shortcomings of the bottom of the bag, I'll use the same solutions I did on my Sniper. Plasti-dip the bottom for waterproofing and insert a piece of corrugated plastic in the bottom of the bag for support. $5 in DYI fixes still beats the hell out of buying a $150-200 bag that comes with such features.