• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Trooper Backpack Bag

Just got a Trooper in the mail. My initial thoughts were "damn, this is pretty nice". The material seems thick and sturdy. Zippers feel strong. Fits more discs than you think it will. Has little storage, but enough for wallet/keys/snack and maybe a towel. Putter pocket can almost hold 4.

This bag is perfect for someone that plays casually or has a cart and wants a bag for lighter rounds. For 40$ (36$ if u have dgc discount) its worth it imo.

For anyone using this bag...could the upper putter section be used to carry drinks (a simple water bottle or two) without causing a problem with the bottom section?

Only have about 9 or 10 disc right now (but wanting a shoulder bag) so I don't need all the putter space and an extra water or bottle or two (especially when my ten year old is playing with me) would be helpful!

Thanks.

TripleB

For anyone using this bag...could the upper putter section be used to carry drinks (a simple water bottle or two) without causing a problem with the bottom section?

Only have about 9 or 10 disc right now (but wanting a shoulder bag) so I don't need all the putter space and an extra water or bottle or two (especially when my ten year old is playing with me) would be helpful!

Thanks.

TripleB

Here is a pic of my 16oz Hydroflask and 24oz EcoVessel in the top section. My only concern would be the sides not having enough support for the weight of the water when the bag is set on the ground.

83576ebe3c3e56ce424d725c106af887.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD just launched a lower end backpack bag called the Trooper

From DD:
Excellent value meets superior disc storage in the Dynamic Discs Trooper. Boasting a slimmer profile coupled with tried and true OGIO construction, the Trooper is perfect for any disc golfer seeking a backpack-style bag at a more affordable price. The Trooper can hold 18+ discs in its main compartment along with up to 4 putters in the top pocket. The drawstring-enclosed water bottle pocket adjusts to most popular bottle sizes, and two smaller side pockets ensure separate storage for keys, cell phones, wallets, minis, or other small articles you need out on the course. With a sturdy base and lightweight frame, the Trooper will help you endure the test of any course!

Features:
Engineered with low center of gravity to keep your bag upright
Padded straps and back panel for a comfortable carry all day
Large main disc compartment that holds 18+ discs
Upper compartment holds 3-4 putters
Two external pockets for keys, wallet, phone, mini, scorecard, etc.
Reinforced haul handle for ease of operation
Drawstring-enclosed water bottle holder
Zipper pulls for easier zipper function
Velcro tabs keep the front flap clear of discs for easy access

MSRP: $39.99

7d2d3fed-7f05-4e49-a4de-1ebbb24f6bd4.jpg

It's on my Christmas list!

Here is a pic of my 16oz Hydroflask and 24oz EcoVessel in the top section. My only concern would be the sides not having enough support for the weight of the water when the bag is set on the ground.

NICE...thanks for the pic!!!

I ordered one...only used it one round but I really love it - much easier to carry than the starter 'one strap' bag that I've now passed down to my 10 year old!

TripleB

Yeah I've asked Santa Claus for one of these. I've outgrown the Cadet I have, and for no more discs than I own this should be perfect.

My doubles partner got one over the weekend and I got to check it out. I'm very pleasantly surprised at the capacity for what seems like such a small backpack. There's a flap in the bottom compartment that can be laid down to help keep the bag upright when it's on the ground.

I've been using one for a couple of weeks now. Seems like it is built very well and was a great value for the price.

I picked one up this week.

Really impressed with it. I did tape off the bottom 2" and plasti-dip the bottom - as it has no feet or "proofing" down there.

The I found out the drink holder is large enough to hold my 40 oz RTIC, AND a leg of my tripod. Carabiner on the carry handle and BOOM - now I have a stool carrier as well!

I don't carry that many molds, so I use the upper putter compartment for storage, and it's huge.

16-18 discs? Check.

40 oz? Check

Stool? Check

Space for hoodie/fleece/snacks/vape/etc? Check.

Love it.