• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs, where's the love?

RAHfrolfer

Bogey Member
Not seeing a lot of love for Dynamic Discs on here. Wondering what's up with that. Are they just not as popular here or in general?
I'm fairly new to the sport and figured I'd join some monthly mystery boxes. I started with the Sockibomb box. So far I've been super impressed with the plastic. They are some of the nicest flying discs i own. My favorites thus far are a felon, explorer and claymore each of which I prefer over many similar flight spec discs from other companies. I know it's really personal, which brand suits each player, just thought I'd throw up a thread on DD and see what people's thoughts are.

If I had to choose one brand to make a full bag, DD may be the easiest for me. Their lineup just makes sense to me. I'd place their mid lineup as #1 overall. My only gripe is, and this is with all Trilogy, finding lighter weights in distance drivers is tough without going to Air type plastics.

I see a lot of Dynamic discs in player's bags.
I don't think the team has many big personalities besides Ricky and he's been pretty quiet this year.

I use a Justice and have for some time, and I do think they have a decent lineup.

I have always leaned Westside within the Trilogy family, but they do have many solid discs.

Not a huge fan of their justice system naming scheme, but to each their own.

I am personally a fan of DD. I know the immediate consensus for a lot of the active folks on here do not like them, for their own reasons, as silly as the reasons may be.

I've always felt they have some awesome plastic (I know this spans all Trilogy), I especially like Lucid, their premiums quite grippy, but are not as durable as some of the stiff stuff others put out (champ or Z, though those are not grippy at all…). I throw maybe once or twice a week, so this doesn't bother me.

They also have great molds. But people get hung up on flight numbers… which is also silly. People say "don't trust flight numbers" but then also criticize "this discs flight numbers are wrong." Pick a lane.

Outside if that, i think the Emac Truth is one of the best workable, cyclable, comfortable mids in the game. The judge is a great putter, Trespass a great slower arm distance driver, felon a very comfortable OS fairway driver that comes in so many plastics with varying stabilities, and I also like the Warrant, which is only released every now and again.

They are a company that puts out quality products, encourages the growth of the sport, especially at the youth level, seems to run great pro level events, and has one of the sports top players under a great contract.

I used to throw a ton of DD, but for the most part I've just found discs I like better.

Moonshine Trespasses were competing with Destroyers for distance drivers when I started, but throwing Scorpius (Millennium Destroyers) with run numbers helped me dial in my driver slots.

Other than the Felon, DD Fairways never made sense to me. Everyone has a 9403. Take your pick.

The Truth is one of the best discs ever made IMO, but the Kaxe/KaxeZ are just hands down better at what I was using them for (hyzer flip, straight, low fade.) I still think the Truth smokes almost all other straight mids, other than a good, flat Buzzz SS.

A good Verdict is harder to find right now than a Solstice (MD4) which feels a little better to me anyway. Otherwise very similar.

Never liked the Judge at all, or any of their putters.

Not a huge fan of their pro roster.

Their home course is the least entertaining thing on tour, and then there's the country club itself...

There's also the things that Shallows and Moose said.

Other than that, go nuts. Great stuff.

I've really liked all their discs I've tried. I settled on the emac truth for a mid.

Escape, deputy, warden, evader are other DDs. I've used.

They're all fire, but usually when I lose one, I like to buy something similar from a different company to compare. I think about getting another evader, but I want something one notch faster and a tick more OS.

My 2 favorite Trilogy discs are the Explorer and Ballista Pro. IMO the Explorer is one of the best neutral fairway drivers on the market. I bag one, and have for a while. The Ballista Pro I don't bag, but easily could. Very reliable, max distance driver that flies like a faster, longer Destroyer. I think the Ballista Pro and Explorer are the 2 molds Trilogy does better than other companies. That's probably why they stand out to me.

I've thrown a bunch of other Trilogy stuff, like the Raider, Defender, Enforcer, Knight, Trespass, King, Destiny, Captain, Sheriff, Raketen, Felon, etc. All were good, but none of these ever made the bag. I think of the 3 companies, Westside has the weakest lineup. I've never really clicked with Westside.

Trilogy makes good discs, and seem to be fairly popular. I do agree you don't hear much about them online.

Last edited:
I've never found anything that could replace the escape, it's been a staple for a while now. It's the only dynamic in my bag and it's not going anywhere.

They made alot of fun videos back when Bobby made all the Youtube stuff. . now i dont see much from them anymore. . .i really thought they would pump out videos with Ricky and Kona, but ..no

Most of the good DD molds are pretty aged at this point so there's not much to discuss honestly. The Maverick is the best thing they have released within the last few years and it's not really close

They made alot of fun videos back when Bobby made all the Youtube stuff. . now i dont see much from them anymore. . .i really thought they would pump out videos with Ricky and Kona, but ..no

Danny Lindahl has some good stuff for beginners on there too. I used to listen to Disc Golf Answer Man podcast which was Bobby, Emac, and Anthony from DD. Once Bobby left the company their social media presence seems to have declined.

Anyway I know over on the subreddit DD is derided for appearing "conservative" in their disc names.

As far as discs go I love the Felon. Used to bag some Emac Truths - their great but just prefer other molds for that slot. I'd like to try an Escape and Invader some time but I've already got half a dozen discs that cover those slots

Danny Lindahl has some good stuff for beginners on there too. I used to listen to Disc Golf Answer Man podcast which was Bobby, Emac, and Anthony from DD. Once Bobby left the company their social media presence seems to have declined.

Anyway I know over on the subreddit DD is derided for appearing "conservative" in their disc names.

As far as discs go I love the Felon. Used to bag some Emac Truths - their great but just prefer other molds for that slot. I'd like to try an Escape and Invader some time but I've already got half a dozen discs that cover those slots

I used to listen to DGAM all the time when Bobby was there. Hope he's doing well.

Latest posts