• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs, where's the love?

I used to listen to DGAM all the time when Bobby was there. Hope he's doing well.

Saw on Reddit that he's working with Clash discs to develop their online presence or something to that effect

My least favorite of Trilogy solely due to dumb naming convention. But their disc lineup is very good, I could go DD only even if they didn't bribe me with a helicopter ride first.

My least favorite of Trilogy solely due to dumb naming convention. But their disc lineup is very good, I could go DD only even if they didn't bribe me with a helicopter ride first.

The DD names look way cooler when you compare them to something like Clash discs. Cookie? Salt? Popcorn? Berry? Seriously?

The DD names look way cooler when you compare them to something like Clash discs. Cookie? Salt? Popcorn? Berry? Seriously?

Clash is so bad they're good. I'd much rather throw a Cookie than a Gavel or an Evidence. Their names have gotten better though with discs like Evader and Maverick.

Well, Innova had all the cool animal names taken when Dynamic Discs started...
I throw Emac Truths and occasionally a Justice.
Both great molds but yeah most of the names are dumb.

Well, Innova had all the cool animal names taken when Dynamic Discs started...
I throw Emac Truths and occasionally a Justice.
Both great molds but yeah most of the names are dumb.

I'm not saying DD has the worst names, just the worst of Trilogy. Funnily enough you could argue that Innova has the worst with discs like It, Phantom Sword, Stud, Daedalus, etc.

Innova definitely has hits and misses.

you can buy a Star Destroyer, and if you dont like it you can buy a Millennium Falcon.

As for DD, regardless of the rest of their scheme, I always liked "Truth" as a name, especially for a straight stable mid.

I'm in agreement with PMantle that they have arguably the best midrange lineup: Verdict/Truth(s), Evidence/Warrant, Fugitive/Suspect are all great pairs (currently have a Suspect bagged) and you can bookend each set with a mold from one of the other pairs; Justice is all the beef you could ever want; can't really comment on the newer molds (Proof/Bounty/Patrol). But the mids are the only segment that seems to have that complementary aspect.

I love Trespasses but they don't really make a distance driver that bookends it on either side (Enforcer is too stable without a lot of seasoning) and I can't think of two distance drivers they make that I'd bag together. Escape/Getaway are a nice OS-Stable/Stable-Neutral set of fairways, Criminal/Felon work for Stupid Beef/Useable Beef, but their other fairways are meh outside of the Evader and there are other drivers I'd carry over it if I wanted to use one mold. Wardens and Judges are solid putters, just not for me.

And the segments don't seem to work with each other either. DD was my first brand but I could never found myself able to build a bag with just their molds, too many gaps and too many discs that did the same thing just at different speeds. Couldn't begin to care about the "conservative" name scheme but I think it works well in telling you which discs are similar by having similar names.

Expanding out to the other Trilogy brands: Lat64 has so many molds that, like Innova, you can cobble something together because you have so many choices; Westside has the same issue in the distance lineup but the fairways/mids/putters all seem to work together very well.

I like the softness/grip of the Trilogy plastics. It does make them less durable compared to other companies but since I cycle/mold-minimize I think it's a pro not a con since I can beat in backups/replacements faster/easier

As someone new to the sport and without any preconceived notions about the companies or discs, let alone a birds eye view of the entire lineup. It's interesting to get some history and other perspectives. I had very little dd in my bag before getting the mystery packs and was so pleasantly surprised by how much i liked the molds I got. The explorer is simply one of the nicest discs to throw. My felon is dependably overstable without feeling dead and the claymore is so able to shape shots and is so reliable. I have lots of other discs I like but those three were real winners in my bag.
I'll probably keep getting a few more boxes and see how I like what comes. The sockibomb stamps and colours are pretty good for the most part

I love Trespasses but they don't really make a distance driver that bookends it on either side (Enforcer is too stable without a lot of seasoning) and I can't think of two distance drivers they make that I'd bag together. Escape/Getaway are a nice OS-Stable/Stable-Neutral set of fairways, Criminal/Felon work for Stupid Beef/Useable Beef, but their other fairways are meh outside of the Evader and there are other drivers I'd carry over it if I wanted to use one mold. Wardens and Judges are solid putters, just not for me.

You're not wrong about the Trespass. At least you can find a moonshine or Lucid X version that usually fills the beefy slot well and it's not hard to find a beat one that is flippy for the understable.

Maverick and Evader work pretty well but they could put out some better 7 speeds for sure.

I actually think that the DD disc naming and design does turn off. Quite a bit actually. But there is Westside to the rescue with nice designs and names and underrated discs...

I'm not saying DD has the worst names, just the worst of Trilogy. Funnily enough you could argue that Innova has the worst with discs like It, Phantom Sword, Stud, Daedalus, etc.

I actually think that the DD disc naming and design does turn off. Quite a bit actually. But there is Westside to the rescue with nice designs and names and underrated discs...

BrotherDave is sorta right here. They got some dumb names, but some decent ones. Gavel, Evidence, Patrol. All Dumb.

Innova: IT, Wombat3, Wombat, Invictus, Bullfrog, Stud, Foxbat, RocX3, Iron Lung, Phantom Warrior, Fairway Driver. Semantics.

Maverick and Evader are OK. Better at least.

DD and Trilogy as a whole make/made solid golf discs. I bag a number of them. I love the Maverick as a flippy as F fairway. The Escape is fantastic. Stags, Northmen, Underworlds, Seers, Pines, and whatever putter you want for Westside.

If a disc works for you, throw it. Trilogy makes a lot of good ones. especially for beginners, most players, me.

Do you.

Last edited:
As someone new to the sport and without any preconceived notions about the companies or discs, let alone a birds eye view of the entire lineup. It's interesting to get some history and other perspectives. I had very little dd in my bag before getting the mystery packs and was so pleasantly surprised by how much i liked the molds I got. The explorer is simply one of the nicest discs to throw. My felon is dependably overstable without feeling dead and the claymore is so able to shape shots and is so reliable. I have lots of other discs I like but those three were real winners in my bag.
I'll probably keep getting a few more boxes and see how I like what comes. The sockibomb stamps and colours are pretty good for the most part

Claymore-Explorer-Felon is a great bag to build around! Find a putter you like *cough* Warden *cough*, throw in a Harp and a Hatchet if you like Trilogy plastic and you'd be set

Latest posts