• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] E or Platinum Assassins

geo_08

Double Eagle Member
So I have done a good job of hoarding Assassins over time. In doing so I have come to realize I have a many Platinum, a few Evo Pro-line including a couple of first runs that are just too heavy for my liking. I do love the platinum plastic and nabbed a few of those in my preferred weight range when they came out. And have a few odd Evos in my weight range, but have always had a hard time finding 160-170 molds.

Does anybody know of a retailer that has the lighter Platinum/Evolution plastic? According to the staff I talked to at gateway there isn't any plans to run any more platinum anytime soon, and all the Assassins they have in house are 150 class s plastic.

I was there about 2 weeks ago and they were running overmolded assassins that felt amazing. Wouldn't sell them to us. I didn't studder, overmolded. And they are coming out with some different plastic blends.

I saw they had an overmold cross section, but didn't see any complete discs. That is very interesting, would love an over molded assassin in s line plastic for the flightplate and evo for the rim. I believe quest and/or gateway dabbled with overmold before.

I believe with their putters.

I saw they had an overmold cross section, but didn't see any complete discs. That is very interesting, would love an over molded assassin in s line plastic for the flightplate and evo for the rim. I believe quest and/or gateway dabbled with overmold before.

I believe with their putters.

They did overmold Wizards & Magics

They had 2 variations, rubbery S plate with evo rim, evo "champ like" plate different evo rim. the s plastic plates felt alot like 350rx prodigy plastic. They were lighter.

I am going to have to start going by there daily. Both of those sound tasty.

Their overmold looks like it has a keyway for the wing in the flightplate if I remeber correctly.

Yep I was told it had a mechanical bond and an adhesive bond. I'm 4 hours away so don't get up there often enough

I'd try this... I think they probably molded some URLD for Quest so would have the idea down.

Yep I was told it had a mechanical bond and an adhesive bond. I'm 4 hours away so don't get up there often enough

I got to fondle the new overmolded assassins while I was on the hunt for some E Assassins in general. They had some firm and doomey E plastics and some soft amd flat s plastics. All protos. The s's all felt real light the E's maybe max weight. The rims on both felt almost rubbery.

FWIW, I have an overmolded Assassin proto. Got it in a player pack in a tourney Dave ran recently. It's super flippy.

uwn1Be7.png

I know they have another overmold fairway driver that's based on a different mold (didn't ask which) that flies a lot more stable.

The weight markings on these are pretty wacky right now. I'm not sure what's going on but they will likely sort it out. The disc I have is marked 148 but definitely felt heavier. I asked them what's up with the weight and they said that the weight marked is just for the core, not for the overmold. The overmold itself adds 20-25g to the weight of the disc. That means the disc I have is 168-173g. I forgot to put it on the scale when I got home. I guess I can do that tonight if I remember.

Maybe the more E plastic ones weren't Assassins then, they did have a little edge at the bottom of the wing I thought was a mold mark, but I know a few of the gateway drivers have those. an assassin or apache maybe?

I saw one of those discs from the players pack initially and that is what caught my eye. Then they sold me another. Mine feels light as well, potentially lighter than yours. I will weight it when I get home. Flippy is sort of what I was hoping for as all of my platinums are fairly beef for my arm. I was wanting an assassin that I can hyzer flip like some of my beat old molds.

Latest posts