• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] What are your favorite Gateway midrange runs?

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
Mostly looking to get info about stable and understable runs/plastics regarding elements and warriors but demons and scouts interest me as well.

My current gateway mid collection consists of...

newish 181g diamond element xout -had it for a long time but just fell in love (I have too many discs), but I'm thinking it could take the lead over my Hexes/Mako3s. Legitimately think it goes farther. It has an extra gear that I thought the Hex had. Was amazed. Need to get out to the field again

180g Sure Grip - super understable with any sort of power, could it become my flick/turnover machine?

182g Evo Mystic- already a turnover machine. Still gets a fade at the end! Love this disc. Way way way stiffer than my Evo Warrior. You can knock on this. I don't understand.

180g diamond Mystic - recent pickup, haven't used it enough yet. Amazing feel as is all Diamond.

175g Evo Warrior - love the flight, hate the feel. Feels like toy plastic

177g Diamond Demon - recent pickup, it's a goddamn two-level pyramid! Never seen anything like it. Love the feel, love the flight, not in the bag yet

I am loving these Gateway mids recently and might be looking to pick up a few Elements, Warriors, and am open to others. Looking for your fave runs/plastics as well as the most/least stable runs of Elements and Warriors specifically, but of course I am curious about others as well. Never even seen a Scout but I'm intrigued.

Understood that this is anecdotal. I'm mentally masturbating to a sick Gateway mid lineup.

425-475 RHBH driver power fwiw, probably 350-375 on the field today with that Diamond element? I don't know but it coasted past all the other mids with a middle finger in the air.

Last edited:
Scouts have been out of production for some time. They were not in production for very long. The Prophecy is kinda/sorta in the Scout slot now and IMO a better disc anyway.

Evolution is a discontinued plastic. Gateway plastic tends to be all over the place run to run and Evolution was like that, so it's not unusual to have two Evo discs with a different feel to them. They also used the name "Evolution" on more than one plastic as I used to throw these Apache's in a plastic called "Evolution Proline" that was a completely different plastic than the Evolution line.

The main premium plastic now is Diamond. They also have a Hyper Diamond; the discs tend to be flatter and beefier and the plastic is really firm. On the other side is Platinum, which is a softer plastic and the discs tend to be less overstable. I've never seen a mid in Platinum, though.

I'm kinda a minimalist, but Prophecy/Element to me is a great Mid combo.

I loved the old opaque Evolution Element-X. Then they stopped making it altogether, so I quit trying to find them. But that was more than 10 years ago

I loved the old opaque Evolution Element-X. Then they stopped making it altogether, so I quit trying to find them. But that was more than 10 years ago
Yeah, my favorite run of Elements were these blood red weirdly stable Elements that were out before the baby blue Illusions, and the baby blue Illusions were out so long ago no one remembers them. Those Elements were out in like '05 or '06, something like that. They were great. I remember somebody who was Gateway sponsored before they started offering the mixed bag sponsorships saying that once he beat up all of his blood red Elements that he just stopped throwing mids and used Wizards and Sabres to cover all the shots.

Scouts have been out of production for some time. They were not in production for very long. The Prophecy is kinda/sorta in the Scout slot now and IMO a better disc anyway.

Evolution is a discontinued plastic. Gateway plastic tends to be all over the place run to run and Evolution was like that, so it's not unusual to have two Evo discs with a different feel to them. They also used the name "Evolution" on more than one plastic as I used to throw these Apache's in a plastic called "Evolution Proline" that was a completely different plastic than the Evolution line.

The main premium plastic now is Diamond. They also have a Hyper Diamond; the discs tend to be flatter and beefier and the plastic is really firm. On the other side is Platinum, which is a softer plastic and the discs tend to be less overstable. I've never seen a mid in Platinum, though.

Thanks for helping me get up to speed on Gateway! So it appears like it's only diamond/hyper diamond and all the "base" plastics that are currently being produced eh?

I did forget to mention that I do own a diamond prophecy but man, it's such a unique/different feel from what I'm used to. The diamond plastic is very stiff relative to other diamonds I own, the bead is enormous, and that concave gap on the lower rim is huge! It will need some getting used to it it's ever gonna be bagged. I do prefer the feel of the warrior at this point in time but that could change.

I think my ideal Gateway mid lineup would be two Elements, one straight, one flippy, and possibly two warriors, one beefy, one less beefy. I would then consider bagging one Mystic and one Demon on top of those (I love mids). The Mystic could possibly be better than a flippy element, and a beefy warrior and demon might be redundant. Trying to figure out the best combo of 4-5 mids. Don't know whether that will be 2 molds with multiples or some combo of 3 or 4 molds. There's options! I think picking up a Diamond warrior is step #1.

How do the base plastics and glow diamond plastics compare to diamond in these molds? Was looking at some sweet base Demons on Marshall Street with the devil stamp...

Last edited:
Also, a "stable" Element would be awesome but I'm not sure if that exists. A 183g diamond might be my best bet there...

Yeah, my favorite run of Elements were these blood red weirdly stable Elements that were out before the baby blue Illusions, and the baby blue Illusions were out so long ago no one remembers them. Those Elements were out in like '05 or '06, something like that. They were great. I remember somebody who was Gateway sponsored before they started offering the mixed bag sponsorships saying that once he beat up all of his blood red Elements that he just stopped throwing mids and used Wizards and Sabres to cover all the shots.

Man, if there's a "stable" element out there, I gotta get me some of that. A 183g diamond might be the best bet for current production...

I definitely count the OOP Gateway mold producers! What is the Gila analogue?

Gila is a flat top more OS prophecy. They are amazing. Straight with a hearty fade.

I swear the red high urethane red opaque elementX was the best substitute for an 01 ce roc.

The newest runs coming from gateway is showing a new level of consistency. Much less experimentation with stock blends/discs than before

I definitely count the OOP Gateway mold producers! What is the Gila analogue?

Gila is Warrior top with the Prophecy bottom. I asked Gateway to tool the new bottom so that I could create the Gila. It was designed to mirror a San Marino Sentinel.

The flight is OS, fast and supremely reliable.

I pair a Gila with a Prophecy and an Element. Perfect trio for me to hit most mid lines.

Gila is Warrior top with the Prophecy bottom. I asked Gateway to tool the new bottom so that I could create the Gila. It was designed to mirror a San Marino Sentinel.

The flight is OS, fast and supremely reliable.

I pair a Gila with a Prophecy and an Element. Perfect trio for me to hit most mid lines.

Definitely want to check one out!

Latest posts