• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That Dirty Kids 2022 bag

thatdirtykid

* Ace Member *
TLDR See Signature. The wordy-ness is really for me for when I look back on this like I wish I did for my first bags I posted on DGR and here.

I am working on having my bag dialed for my comeback year. I have been playing a bit the last handful of years, but this is my first year really practicing and trying to improve my skillsets in a good decade. I was getting tired of feeling embarrassed.

There are a couple new to me molds in the bag, but the rest are a combination of discs I have thrown a good amount over the last 17 years. This is what I would carry on a long course I have never played, this is the most I could see bagging. Usually I would drop a handful depending on the course.

Putting Putters:

(2) Wizards. Depends on conditions what blend. 4S in the single digit temp glow rounds now and up to Nikko's for warmer weather. I am back to a pure spin putt and enjoying a softer putter for the first time in a very long time.

Approach Putters:

(2) DX Polecats. Beat and Fresh. Backhand touch shots to match any green in the Colorado Mountains. Also used to give it a long bid.

(1) K2 Berg. Been my money maker for a good long bit, maybe most thrown disc aside from putting putters. Primarily FH. Its straightened out a bit but still never turns more than I want. I have had more throw ins with a Berg in the last 6 years than I have with any disc in the 11 years previous.

Throwing Putters:

(2) Envy. One of my old Neutron from last time they were in the bag. 1 Electron that I am beating in and loving the little extra glide. Its still a touch more stable than my Neutron that's worn in some. Likely to throw a glow or fresh neutron in if I need something more OS down the line.

(1) Wizard. PW lightly beat. This is likely a place holder until I have a beat in enough envy. We will see, I generally throw wizards pretty darn well.

Mids

(2)Demons. Both HD one beat in and flatter. This one started pretty straight for a demon. It serves as my stable mid. Not certain I will not feel the need for a gila, prophecy or MX-3 later. Fresh std HD for overstable stuff. If you aren't familiar think longer/faster slightly less OS Z Zone.

(2)Buzzz. Currently 1 beat Z and 1 fresh ESP. These new esps are the stable buzzz I wanted for years. Enough said about buzzz.

(1) Mystic. Diamond plastic. This is a newer one for me, usually I carry comets and deciding between a putter, beat buzzz or comet can be hard sometimes. The mystic is glidey and much more understable. Covers what really beat wizards would normally would and longer.

Fairways

(2) Sabre. I fell back in love with these. They used to be marketed as the straightest disc made, and they really are damn straight. Kinda the Nova of drivers without nubs. I have 1 Diamond for Straight and slight turnovers that just hold the line. 1 Beat in ShurGrip for those super flippy shots.

(2) Teebird. Currently 1 Star that's pretty fresh and 1 beat in color glow. I throw these when I need some fade cause Sabres don't or to shape a line that has to flex a little. The color glow also goes a long ways for me and encroaches with control drivers which leads to my change in control driver line up.

Control Drivers

(2) H3v2. Currently 1 500 and 1 750. The 750 is stable enough to cover my stable Anax shots but go a little further. The 500 Covers my beat in anax and lots shots, but again goes a little further. So controllable and shapeable for this speed and distance.

(2) Predator or FX-2... Still working out some confusion here. I have bagged preds for most of all my 17 years playing. They are likely to stay. Testing the FX2 Mostly to see if they could replace my teebirds and some Anax/Preds shots. 750 is OS enough, and 400 is still pretty OS. Being slower if the FX2 made the bag it would leave room to maybe add the Kaxe back, give the Spirit more use.

Distance Drivers

(2) Spirit. Diamond from an early diamond run got me hooked on these again. Goes so far for how much wind it can handle. Also moves right to left a lot for a meathook. Newer Diamond for hurricane wind and almost vertical spike hyzers, gets to the ground in a hurry. I have old Evo Spirit backups for my $ early diamond one.

(2) Ballista Pros. Currently 2, could become 3. I am really digging these again. I have one beat in to flip up and turn and finish almost straight. Freshies for flat or slight hyzer to straight with a big bite. Handles some wind pretty well for the distance they cover.

(1) X3. This could become 2 once I beat one in enough to be a real easy roller. I am mostly throwing my 500 Spectrum Cat Allen one. These things go silly far in a tailwind. I can trust them to turn from any amount of hyzer unless I am trying to throw a high long sweeping hyzer. I did not expect to love these like I do. The more I age the more I want to hyzer and glide my drivers.

It's nice to see a bag with some Gateway represented (other than their putters)! I recently picked up a Blade and the plastic really surprised me in a good way. What do you compare the Mystic to? I'm trying to nail down my understable mid (at least until my base line beats in a bit) and am looking to try some.

It's nice to see a bag with some Gateway represented (other than their putters)! I recently picked up a Blade and the plastic really surprised me in a good way. What do you compare the Mystic to? I'm trying to nail down my understable mid (at least until my base line beats in a bit) and am looking to try some.

I thought I had responded before. The mystic is similar to a faster flippier magic. I am not sure of its home in my bag. If its there in the mountains I throw it well. I keep wanting it to be more stable for flatland golf.

Looks like this bag did not stick terribly well. Still bouncing back from injury and relearning my game. Fatigue in my hand happens faster than I want to admit, but I am finding success playing 54 holes over a weekend if I am throwing my drivers closer to 70%.

I am currently throwing:

Spirit (cause you still need a beefcake wind fighter)
2x Hurricane
Wave (70% and smooth and these are predictably going almost as far as I was throwing pre injury!)

Komodo
Anax (may get replaced, not getting as much use, especially as my komodo breaks in and I become more confident with a hurricane at 70%, mostly gets use for pure hyzer shots I need more glide than the komodo)
H3v2 (replaced broken in lost anax)
Chameleon (favorite driver. It is an amazing shot shaper and flips up at any speed, but fades predictably at any speed)

2xDemon
2/3x Buzzz
1/2x Origin (better late flippers than my comets that I have always loved and more predictable than a mystic)

Stego for laughs and occasional shots only a stego can do
3x Envys (for almost all throwing)
Berg
2/3x Polecats

Serpents for putting.

Wave (70% and smooth and these are predictably going almost as far as I was throwing pre injury!)

Yep. If you keep it smooth, Wave is a great flier.

Chameleon (favorite driver. It is an amazing shot shaper and flips up at any speed, but fades predictably at any speed)

I am not familiar with the Chameleon. Who makes this disc?

Yep. If you keep it smooth, Wave is a great flier.

I am not familiar with the Chameleon. Who makes this disc?

Reptilian Discs, molded by gateway. Gateways new production equipment is pumping out some quality blends and consistent product. The Chameleon is a slower control driver/faster fairway (blunt 9 speed imo). I can throw it pretty slow and it still wants to flip up. If I power it up it flips up, turns pretty hard, but has a very predictable fade still. A longer Eagle-L or a 2nd run Cline Glow CD2 are the best comparison I can give it. Maybe a good run of viking. Turns as easy as a valk but not nearly as squirrely.

Latest posts