• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

I am a huge fan of the Eagle, particularly the L molds. You'd struggle to find a straighter disc that can handle full power drives. Once beat in, they hold great turnover lines as well, especially in lighter weights.

But right now an older run, pearly Discraft XL has replaced the Eagle L in my bag. I'm absolutely loving that disc...

Eagle is far and away my favorite disc, I prefer the champ plastic. Right now, I'm down to one eagle left and it's a star.

I was on DX Eagles for years, but acquired a few 9x and an 11x champion. Love the 9x pros. Buttery, feels great in the hand and just enough high speed turn. Great disc.

I bought some SEX two years ago and it took a while for the disc to stick as I only carry 6-8 discs. Now though, it has become a staple. It kept finding it's way back in, taking roles away from other discs. I think it's more than a 'fairway' driver, I rarely use it there, but rather as a primary in a number of situations. On windy days, I put a little hyzer flip on it into the wind and it sits up and fights wind nicely. If I need to be sure not to go too far right (RHBH) I can put a little flex on it and know it won't flip and similarly if I need a long hyzer I just release flat. In my hands it provides the predictability of something overstable, but flies stable and far. Its actually comforting to throw.

I'd post a pic, but it's just a run of the mill star Eagle X. Orange if you care to imagine :)

One of my favorite lines for my seasoned SEX is to throw a slight anny with a decent amount of height. It gets out to the left side of the fairway in a hurry, then track slowly to the right side before it's long forward penetrating fade that lands her right in the middle. Sweet looking line and incredibly nifty for those middle of the fairway obstacles or thick brush on the left side of the fairway that you can't afford to fade into. Depending on how much anny I put on it I can get more distance or make her take the anny further and land further to the right.

Basically, if I want to throw a turnover, I reach for the River. She'll roll over on me and level out nicely. But it's essentially the same kind of line each time.

But if I want to throw a disc on an anhyzer line and really shape a shot and manipulate the landing zone, I reach for that beauty of a seasoned EagleX every time. They are just incredibly versatile.

A new Eagle can do much of the same work, but she will fight the turn a bit more and fade out harder. Which can also be useful.

Last edited:
I just jumped on the eagle's myself. After back surgery I will be limited to what I can do and throw so I have or am trying to get rid of all my high speed stuff and have disc'd down and the eagle and the leopard have or I should say will become my drivers. This thread is awesome and gives me tons of hope.

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask…

How hard should I try to get my hands on a 7ish/10 10x KC Pro eagle?
Basically, my school disc golf club is run by a teacher with his own discs. He has some nice old stuff, but today I noticed that eagle sitting there. It flew beautifully, and I knew those things are fairly popular.

I dig Eagles. I've yet to own one, but have thrown a few buddies and they're easy to bomb some great distances on controllable lines.

I had a nice yellow KC something-x Eagle, circa 1999 or 2000. Lost it in the snow. The only KC something-X Disc I have left from that era is a white Gazelle. It's a 9x, and is the Disc of my last ace 5 years ago. Retired.

Oh...Forgot! I've got a KC Whippet too, that has a small piece of wood embedded in it from the Circle-R Disc Golf Ranch in Texas, in one of two trips I took there. I think 2002?

I used to like DX Eagles back before I got my first TL and Star Teebird. Still have an early Champion Eagle (I don't think it was called "champion" yet, but the plastic feels like it - as hard and inflexible as marble). Never was able to throw it well. It dove left for me big time, unlike DX or KC Eagles, a totally different Disc.

Last edited:
I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask…

How hard should I try to get my hands on a 7ish/10 10x KC Pro eagle?
Basically, my school disc golf club is run by a teacher with his own discs. He has some nice old stuff, but today I noticed that eagle sitting there. It flew beautifully, and I knew those things are fairly popular.

Offer him a couple newer champion discs that are beginner friendly and everyone should walk away happy. Only do so if you want it as a thrower.

What are you waiting for?

Losing a disc. :p I'm trying to keep my bag consistent and not begin adding a bunch of discs because that can quickly become a problem for me. If I were to lose my echostar wraith, I'd probably replace it with an Eagle. I've been going with slower and slower discs lately and find that I'm getting better distance and better lines, but I'm really trying to keep from buying additional discs.

I might one day soon 'accidentally' drop that wraith into a deep hole somewhere, only to be replaced with an Eagle. :thmbup:

Losing a disc. :p I'm trying to keep my bag consistent and not begin adding a bunch of discs because that can quickly become a problem for me. If I were to lose my echostar wraith, I'd probably replace it with an Eagle. I've been going with slower and slower discs lately and find that I'm getting better distance and better lines, but I'm really trying to keep from buying additional discs.

I might one day soon 'accidentally' drop that wraith into a deep hole somewhere, only to be replaced with an Eagle. :thmbup:

You won't regret it.

Latest posts