• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

8e5a9e49f12295746e6c76ca9683b3c2.jpg

New to the bag ^ sweet old Eagle L. Nice flip and glide.

Now, to find a star/champ X to complete the cycle. Pickin's are slim so an F2 champ may have to suffice for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow what score. I've been hoping one of those might show up at the used bin at play it again, no such luck.

Sweet pancakes! I'd love to throw one of those. Curious how it compares to my Star Eagle-X that is beat into laser beam straight

It's understable for sure. A firm flat/slight hyzer rip and it flies -2/1. Don't let the "4" glide fool you, this thing will go. The Infinite Discs Exodus is VERY similar. I'll have to snag a few once they're back in stocks for backups. This is really what I wanted FDs to be but I never liked the hand feel.

It's understable for sure. A firm flat/slight hyzer rip and it flies -2/1. Don't let the "4" glide fool you, this thing will go. The Infinite Discs Exodus is VERY similar. I'll have to snag a few once they're back in stocks for backups. This is really what I wanted FDs to be but I never liked the hand feel.

My C-Line FD to me is a 0,1.5 on a 350' shot. The TL is what I thought an FD would be. Have you actually thrown an. Exodus side-by-side with that EL? What plastic was the Exodus?

My C-Line FD to me is a 0,1.5 on a 350' shot. The TL is what I thought an FD would be. Have you actually thrown an. Exodus side-by-side with that EL? What plastic was the Exodus?

The FDs I'm referencing were a mixture of C lines and S lines that were all seasoned.

The exodus is I-blend which I understand is a pro/star blend? I haven't thrown them side by side yet but, from memory, they're quite similar in both feel and flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one Star Eagle X that has beat into a very straight disc, which took almost a year of playing. I was thinking about picking up another one, then wondered if it would be better to start working in a champion? You Eagle throwers (besides the DX cyclers), are Champs where it's at or Star? Star has a better grip generally.

I took the Eagle out for a while and retuned to the FD and TL3. Those are not an Eagle, and after much experimentation, the Eagle is probably my favorite fairway. However, I'm concerned I'll hate a Chamipon.

I have one Star Eagle X that has beat into a very straight disc, which took almost a year of playing. I was thinking about picking up another one, then wondered if it would be better to start working in a champion? You Eagle throwers (besides the DX cyclers), are Champs where it's at or Star? Star has a better grip generally.

I took the Eagle out for a while and retuned to the FD and TL3. Those are not an Eagle, and after much experimentation, the Eagle is probably my favorite fairway. However, I'm concerned I'll hate a Chamipon.

Which plastic do you like for fairway drivers? Mine are champion so that's what I vote for, but I think it comes down to preference. I have a mini-cycle of Eagles with one 12x champ for most throws and a factory store circle stamp champ that is beefier. If you like Eagles I don't think you'll hate one in champion plastic unless you don't like champion plastic to begin with. A champ Eagle can at least complement your beat star Eagle while you figure it out.

So... champion Eagles are the bomb. The two I just got fly exactly like their numbers. My seasoned Star flies straight as an arrow. The Champs turn a little and fade back plenty with 350' throws.

I don't feel like champs ever break in enough. Great for that overstable bookend, but 9 out of 10 of my eagle throws are with my trusty 8 year old star.

I play at almost 5k feet so a fresh star is honestly as stable as I need but I do have some champs that mostly get used for utility shots.

Also not sure why it keeps being brought up, but Exodus is in fact an Eagle L. Pretty sure I saw some early ones even marked on the bottom as such.

Has anyone noticed a change to the Eagle X mold?

I recently acquired a 2021 tourney-stamped color glow champ Eagle X. (Thanks @brentjacobs!) The top is noticeably zipper topped, like that mold piece got re-cut and hasn't seasoned in yet.

The bottom of the flight plate and wing don't have the same appearance.

Comparing with a ~2019 vintage glow champ Eagle X, the bottoms are identical. Tooling matches, Rancho and .com ... You can even see where the patent numbers got removed from the mold. I'd bet good money that the same bottom/core of the mold was used for both discs.

Only the tops have a noticeably different surface finish.

Nice. Does your 2021 have the dip in the top near the edge? How does it fly?

I think it has the dip, now that you mention it. It is a little more rounded above the parting line, where the nose transitions to the top of the top of the wing. Comparatively, the 2019 looks just slightly blunter in the nose. I was trying to figure out if that was a mold difference, or just a cooling/contraction effect.

Have not thrown it yet, I'll report back. I've actually been working to break in a DIFFERENT Eagle X...classic ThrowBot activity.

Do the Teebird and Eagle share any mold pieces, or are they completely unique?

I am holding a Champion Teebird and Champion Eagle X right now. They are both embossed.

They have the identical marks on the undersides where the patent # was ground off. So, it is clear that they share at least the underside mold piece.

I believe that the lower wing mold piece is also the same, though I have no way of proving this.

The upper wing on the Eagle is supposedly the slightest bit different than the Teebird. Though, if Dave Dunipace were to eventually come out and admit that they are actually the same thing, I would be shouting in the streets, "I knew it! God dang it! Pluto was a planet, everyone has a soul mate, and the Teebird and Eagle are unique molds. Everything is a lie!"

Last edited:
Eagle top is more similar to a Leopard in my eyes with a kind of dip/transition point around the rim outside the inner rim diameter where the dome begins and a bit blunter leading edge. Teebird is much smoother transition from rim to flight plate.

Eagle X (& L) bottom rim and core mold pieces match up with the Teebird (& TL) though.

I needed to take a day off, but mine are x molds for sure. Nothing L about them based on appearance. I would be really happy if they actually have some turn out of the box though.

I needed to take a day off, but mine are x molds for sure. Nothing L about them based on appearance. I would be really happy if they actually have some turn out of the box though.

The first year they did the swirly barsby Eagles, they had no turn for me. I like an Eagle to have at least a little wiggle fresh. I hear these are a bit softer and frillier as well.