• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle X vs L

I-blend is a very good Pro plastic. I don't think it's like the 'older' Pro, but a near-Star-quality Pro plastic that is a bit grippier/less slick than Star and seasons in 'not too fast, not too slow'. I've really come to like the I-blend, and Moose is right that it's an ideal plastic for many of the Infinite Discs line of molds.

Okay so more like old Echo Star but not a recycled plastic I would assume. The Innova Star team Touring pros seem get some of that used Star bits in the touring discs should they choose a Star plastic.

Okay so more like old Echo Star but not a recycled plastic I would assume. The Innova Star team Touring pros seem get some of that used Star bits in the touring discs should they choose a Star plastic.

No, I-blend is closer to Pro. I don't know for sure, but I've always believed Pro is the basis for Star, which has other things added to make it the more consistent but more slick plastic it (Star) ends up being.

EchoStar was (and is) recycled all-the-way Star. I think Swirly Star is, also, but with some additives, perhaps? Again, just speculation, there. :popcorn:

Both are good plastics, but have slight differences.

No, I-blend is closer to Pro. I don't know for sure, but I've always believed Pro is the basis for Star, which has other things added to make it the more consistent but more slick plastic it (Star) ends up being.

EchoStar was (and is) recycled all-the-way Star. I think Swirly Star is, also, but with some additives, perhaps? Again, just speculation, there. :popcorn:

Both are good plastics, but have slight differences.

Thanks!

Now this disc is not what my dad would want, he always liked the X wing Eagle unless it was Champion and then he wanted L as the mold ended up nearly flat top in 2000's. A nearly flat top Champion X like the one my dad tried in 2005 was like a Banshee and he gave it to a Banshee thrower who later wiped the label name of Eagle on the disc and put Banshee on the top. I do not know many others who used Eagle discs, only one guy but he had a Prototype Eagle that was a wing between X and L and now uses the domed X disc as he wants a disc different from his Thunderbird/Firebird, a low dome Eagle X would be like those discs more.

Last edited:
My favourite Eagles were some super stiff translucent champ Eagle-L that I got flat topped in the Innova warehouse when I worked there. Man those were awesome. Board flat and dead straight on a flat release for forehands up to 350. I kind of miss those. I think I lost all 4 or 5 I had, maybe. They flew a lot like some opto tridents I have now.

God no.

11x L on the left. 12x X on the right. L is a placeholder until you you beat in an X.

can you confirm which molds i have? on the right is my 21 year old 10x kc pro eagle and the left is my brand new star innfused eagle.
to me both look like the x mold but the 10x flies how people are describing the L mold.
i guess if it is x mold then it would just be beat in enough to fly like an L.
I was just wondering because i preferer the more understable mold like my old 10x and i want to be able to tell the difference and buy a champ L mold to replace my 10x so i can retire it. it sounds like it could be worth something and i would hate to loose it.

Attachments

• eagle-profile 20210625_124728.jpg
    eagle-profile 20210625_124728.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 48
  • eagle top 20210625_124904.jpg
    eagle top 20210625_124904.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 26
The PLH difference on those two is pretty wild, shows how far the modern premium plastics & molding techniques have advanced. Would be interesting to take that old one into a store and compare with some DX ones.