• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Echo Star T-Bird

azbab

The TL thread reminded me of a question I have about the Echo Star Teebird. The one I have (172) is much more stable than what I would expect from a Teebird. Is it just me or is the echo more stable? Also, what makes it echo vs a run of the mill Star T-bird?

^^^^ this. but the become straight to fade (not turn over) unless your in a head wind. All the ones I have seen have been domey!

^^^^ this. but the become straight to fade (not turn over) unless your in a head wind. All the ones I have seen have been domey!

There's something about the process of melting down the used scraps and reusing them that makes almost all echo star discs really domey. That generally means they tend to be more stable to start with but also have a lot of glide. My own personal experience has also been that they break in a touch quicker than regular star.

I don't have another T-bird to compare it to, so it's hard for me to say if this one more domey than the norm. I will say I haven't thrown it much because I was so surprised by the stability compared to my new Star TL. I probably haven't given it a chance to really break in. I really thought it would be a nice compliment to my TL right out of the box.

Time for some field work. Thanks all.

I have only thrown one Echo TB, and it was a super domey orange Echo Star at 175 gm. It was considerably less stable than most of the 11x I usually throw, but comparable to a 12x Champ in stability but with a little more glide. I found that this disc was usually a little longer than the flatter 11x Champ I usually throw, likely due to the dome.

The early Echo runs had some of the remnant CE rejects mixed in so they're quite durable. The first run Echo Xcalibers were widely sought for their stabilty and durability.

I'm going to echo what a few have said. Get it? They seem a bit more domey, they start a bit more stable, and they break in a bit quicker. I have an E* Wraith that started as a long hyzer disc and now I can use it to turn over. It's become a bit more touchy over time. I have a regular Star Wraith that started out as a long hyzer and it's still basically straight to a small fade at the end.

Out of the 13 Echo Star discs I have 4 have started out less stable than regular Star (2 Presidents Cup Katanas, 2 yellow Destroyers) 1 has started out about the same as regular star (green Destroyer) and 8 have started out more stable (4 orange ES-DD2s aren't that dramatically more overstable, though very noticeably so, 3 green ES-DD2s and a yellow Teebird are much more overstable than regular). Out of those the Presidents Cup Katanas and the Teebird are super freaky domey, the Destroyers are poppy, the orange DD2s are regular domed and the green DD2s are very flat.

A small sample obviously, but if you want to take something out it it's that E* tends to be domey and more overstable, but overall it can be anything.

Latest posts