• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Elaine Kings leaves Discraft due to not receiving a signature disc

And everyone honestly says they've never bought a product because of advertising. They're honest, but they're also frequently wrong.

Yep. Everyone is influenced by advertising, every single person. The people who say they're not just don't realize when they're being advertised to...

She "gives credit" to some the "pro guys" for telling her to throw mid ranges, not drivers, and mentions Climo was among the group.

It's all explained on smashboxx. About an hour into the show they discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20gpZ-sq-_Q

So I really hope the mansplain comment was sarcasm, but I get the feeling that it wasn't. :doh:

(Rant on)
I'm so sick of mansplain I could spit. We have real gender equality issues, but mansplain basically now means anytime a man says something someone else thinks women don't want to hear. I've seen it used on men who talked too confidently, when there were no women present and the issue was non female.

Ken - you should use a midrange. Not mansplaining. Why? Cause he'd have said the same thing to a guy.

Ken - look, you're just a woman, you need to disc up, you'll never get a midrange to the basket. Mansplaining.

The gift of treating Elaine like an equal, you're a sexist pig! (Rant off)

I'm dearly afraid that I've failed in true geekdom. I never watched the animated series (there's more than one?). I have to confess, I skipped a chunk of next generation too, I hated it. Picard was okay, and so were a couple of other characters, but too many of them were too insipid.

Now Voyager, Deep Space Nine and Enterprise, those rocked.

Nine was my favorite after the original. But the original didn't age well as I grew up.

(Rant on)
I'm so sick of mansplain I could spit. We have real gender equality issues, but mansplain basically now means anytime a man says something someone else thinks women don't want to hear. I've seen it used on men who talked too confidently, when there were no women present and the issue was non female.

Ken - you should use a midrange. Not mansplaining. Why? Cause he'd have said the same thing to a guy.

Ken - look, you're just a woman, you need to disc up, you'll never get a midrange to the basket. Mansplaining.

The gift of treating Elaine like an equal, you're a sexist pig! (Rant off)

Thank you for mansplaining mansplaining. 😂

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

It is not hilarious at all.

Did you even read the article? Elaine clearly explained that the lack of a signature disc was the symptom of lack of recognition. In addition, she explained that it was the fact hat the relationship between Discraft and her has changed since the founders are less involved in the day to day operations. She described the change as going from friendship to business.

You brought up Val Jenkins when she had nothing to do with the article you linked. Did you spew all that nonsense just to denigrate women's rights and sexism? Pretty sad commentary on your perspective.

The word he was looking for was "ironic", not hilarious .

No need to crucify the man

Yep. Everyone is influenced by advertising, every single person. The people who say they're not just don't realize when they're being advertised to...

If you want to talk JT, I'm happy to talk (p.s., I'm getting my doctorate in this field). No need to derail the thread, so PM if you'd like to learn something about statistical interpretation :thmbup:

I still can honestly say that I've never bought a disc because a certain touring pro's name was on it. Male or female.

I did not but her name Juliana Korver was on the Champion 170 gram Valkyrie I bought in late 2004 or early 2005 now retired and replaced with a 171 gram Glow Champion Valkyrie as the glow Champion Valkyrie seems to feel as close to the old Champion disc when new that I had used for so many years. I did buy a disc because a pro used the disc but not his version, In 2014 bought a Champion Destroyer at 167 grams then another later that year at 170 grams more the wind and big hyzer version because Paul McBeth and Avery Jenkins, Mostly Avery Jenkins at the time as I did not know much about Paul McBeth that they both used the disc. In 2014 I went with Champion because the disc will last longest in its plastic from Innova to keeping the original flight and will brake in just right and stay that way for a long time like nearly 10 years of use. I also found that the Star ones with a players name on them were more beefy as they were Avery Jenkins High domed ones and early Paul McBeth beefy ones. I find with Drivers that I like the lower domed ones as they take less power intially to fly so I can throw them further, exception is the XL where a mid to near high domed one works best for a driver.

Last edited:
The word he was looking for was "ironic", not hilarious .

No need to crucify the man

Yes, because "hilarious" is such an archaic and often misused word the OP obviously wasn't expressing that he found humor in "blah blah, womens rights, sexism blah blah".

His post screams irresolute observation. :rolleyes:

I did not but her name Juliana Korver was on the Champion 170 gram Valkyrie I bought in late 2004 or early 2005 now retired and replaced with a 171 gram Glow Champion Valkyrie as the glow Champion Valkyrie seems to feel as close to the old Champion disc when new that I had used for so many years. I did buy a disc because a pro used the disc but not his version, In 2014 bought a Champion Destroyer at 167 grams then another later that year at 170 grams more the wind and big hyzer version because Paul McBeth and Avery Jenkins, Mostly Avery Jenkins at the time as I did not know much about Paul McBeth that they both used the disc. In 2014 I went with Champion because the disc will last longest in its plastic from Innova to keeping the original flight and will brake in just right and stay that way for a long time like nearly 10 years of use. I also found that the Star ones with a players name on them were more beefy as they were Avery Jenkins High domed ones and early Paul McBeth beefy ones. I find with Drivers that I like the lower domed ones as they take less power intially to fly so I can throw them further, exception is the XL where a mid to near high domed one works best for a driver.

Do you type with your forehead?