• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Elaine Kings leaves Discraft due to not receiving a signature disc

I think this is the case.

Someone was questioning Tim Barham getting signature Cranks, but he takes down nearly every Michigan tourney.

Tim is indeed a very strong regional force, a good ambassador, making a positive impact on the game in the backyard of Discraft. Players in this area would likely see the disc as just reward for what he does. :thmbup:

Elaine's name could be the subject of either of these statements, just change the location to NC and these both still ring true, making the only differences between these two pros: sex/age and being located in DC's home state.

I just saw Ek at the US Nationals..and she still has the goods..I hope disc craft knows what they r letting go(a franchise player)..She came in a close second place in pro masters and would have came in 7th in FPO..IMHO..I would have given her a signature disc 10 years ago..

Elaine's name could be the subject of either of these statements, just change the location to NC and these both still ring true, making the only differences between these two pros: sex/age and being located in DC's home state.

ABSOLUTELY!! But.............again, these are likely not the entire criteria picture. Discraft has obviously made the decision that giving EK a tour/sig disc was not best for them at this time. I don't like it, she has earned her chops, but it is not my money.

The traditional definition is probably not the one in play here. Let me get you up to date.

In modern internet parlance, particularly among those who oppose equality, "white knight" is a derisive term used for men who defend women in an online space. It carries with it the implication that the man is doing it selfishly and solely to attract the favor of a woman or women, and not for altruistic, political, or philosophical reasons.

I was aware of such understanding. However, I think it is unsatisfactory or perhaps in poor taste to rebuttal someone with "This is a stupid assertion" and "If you're going to be a cynical jerk, at least use the words correctly" based upon the very opinion based, non-consensual definitions of words derived from internet parlance. I don't think the statements you made (and were thoroughly "niced" for) were appropriate conclusions to make, in the same vein that a research paper that only cites Wikipedia appropriately argues a thesis.

From reading previous posts of yours, I think highly enough of your intelligence to expect you to craft better arguments and not stoop to the low standards of someone ranting about SJW's. :|:)

I just saw Ek at the US Nationals..and she still has the goods..I hope disc craft knows what they r letting go(a franchise player)..She came in a close second place in pro masters and would have came in 7th in FPO..IMHO..I would have given her a signature disc 10 years ago..

Agree. I met Elaine at the Canadian Nationals in Vancouver a couple summers ago. Class act. I wish her the best.

From reading previous posts of yours, I think highly enough of your intelligence to expect you to craft better arguments and not stoop to the low standards of someone ranting about SJW's. :|:)

I code switch as necessary, depending on the audience. ;)

when this thread reaches 200 replies i'll start kneeling for women in disc golf to be treated equal to men disc golfers

No dude, a white knight saves (specifically) the damsel in distress and makes her swoon. The Black Knight is the other male who desires to own the female through force, whereas the White Knight seeks to employ virtue to curry favor.

In all of this, the woman has no choice. She is the prize fought over by the chivalrous male and the primal male, but make no mistake that it is the males who hold the power. The woman is powerless to rescue herself, or make her own choices.

Nova hit the nail on the head with that interpretation.
No I am pretty sure the black knight is the one yelling it is only a flesh wound.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

When you stop condescending women, you begin to change the culture and start fixing those issues.

Theory? Fact? Conjecture? Wishful thinking?

Can you show me a culture where this holds true?

How about: When you stop condescending women, you begin to change the culture and women start condescending men.

I have watched Elaine haul trees, brush and vines on several occasions while building a course. Guess that doesn't count for signature discs. No Biggee. She's probably a bigger person than anyone at Discraft anyway.

Theory? Fact? Conjecture? Wishful thinking?

Can you show me a culture where this holds true?

How about: When you stop condescending women, you begin to change the culture and women start condescending men.

This happens everywhere. Among the cultures of large societies to smaller social groups, like corporations who promote a corporate culture. Language is adopted to evoke a certain sentiment, which slowly brings change.

Let's suppose nearly everyone started calling or referring to you as "****-for-brains" (perhaps this already happens to some degree, but imagine this was a new development for you). From your immediate circle to complete strangers: "****-for-brains" day in and day out. You would start to lose respect from peers, people would assume you had the name for a reason and opportunities would pass you up, and you might even lose a sense of self worth. Maybe you'd adopt it as a nickname, to take the edge off the insult? That's not far fetched is it, ****-for-brains?

Sociologists have this term reappropriation, when a culture does just that: yankee, redneck, queer, n****r, etc. Point is, words have power.

Tim is indeed a very strong regional force, a good ambassador, making a positive impact on the game in the backyard of Discraft. Players in this area would likely see the disc as just reward for what he does. :thmbup:

I'll second this, Tim is a really good dude. When he wasn't kicking my butt at league this year he was cool enough to sign a disc for me. That's a slightly gummier than usual Z Zone below.

4ih4rb.jpg

Last edited:

Do you genuinely believe we've passed that threshold or is this just what is theoretically possible in some distant future?

Do you genuinely believe we've passed that threshold or is this just what is theoretically possible in some distant future?

No, I don't believe we've passed any threshold, I just believe the armchair sociologists on the internet have a hard time justifying their conjecture. There's a lot of wishful and wistful thinking. Along with conclusion jumping.

Nobody on this forum knows exactly what happened at Discraft. Unless some of the parties involved frequent the forum.

Now, there's a chance I might be wrong, someone here could have a highly developed sense of ESP with the ability to read Elaine Kings and upper management at Discraft minds. That would be pretty cool.

^ Yeah, I'll agree to that. We don't know what happened at Discraft and speculation is likely incorrect to an unknown degree. At the same time, I think it is reasonable to affirm the reality of sexism in our current environment.

Sexism pretty clearly formed the basis for this thread and people are understandably reacting to that.

Latest posts