• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Elasto vs Tournament plastic

Tons.

Elasto is just a gummed version of VIP. It's still fairly translucent whereas TP is opaque. The grip on Elasto is definetly better in wet and cold conditions. TP, in my opinion, is worse than standard VIP in the wet, but not in the cold. Elasto trumps both in both conditions.

Little more OS as well, in my sample of two Elasto Giants vs. Probably seven TP Giants I own.

Tons.

Elasto is just a gummed version of VIP. It's still fairly translucent whereas TP is opaque. The grip on Elasto is definetly better in wet and cold conditions. TP, in my opinion, is worse than standard VIP in the wet, but not in the cold. Elasto trumps both in both conditions.

Little more OS as well, in my sample of two Elasto Giants vs. Probably seven TP Giants I own.

Ok, thanks. I am also trying to decide whether to go with the World or the Giant. Everyone seems to say the World is the Giant but with more distance, so it seems like it would be the obvious choice, unless anyone has info to share suggesting otherwise...

World is a little less overstable. But it's more akin to the Giant than it is to any other Trilogy disc, that's for sure. For my arm speed/form/what have you, the World performed very much like my overstable Giant, just because I couldn't quite get it up to its proper speed.

Stupid internet connection at work. I just lost a more in depth post.

I would get a giant, they are more overstable and will give you a more predictable flight, especially into the wind.

For me I carry both because the Giant is my overstable distance driver. It gives me a good straight to fade (no turn) line with decent glide and is the best disc I have throw for BIG hyzers.

The world is a max D disc that I throw expecting turn. I have two in the bag now. One has nearly the turn of a new VIP king, but a more predictable fade and better wind resistance. The other I can really get on and know its going to come back well. The world gets out there as far as my nukes, but on a tighter line. In the open I only get an extra 40' consistently with the world over the giant, so it rarely comes out of the bag unless I want the natural turn rather than starting a Giant on anny.

Worlds are a hair faster and quite a bit less overstable (more glide), they will fly farther. Elasto is gummier than TP. Also stiffer plastic tends to be a little more overstable than gummier plastic assuming they have the exact same shape, etc. Gummier plastic ships less and deflects less on impact. Gummier plastic feels better in cold conditions and is easier to grip well. I prefer TP stiffness most of the time.

Latest posts