• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Elite-X Wasp

ian.

*Legalize It*
hey guys i was just looking for some feedback from people who throw or have thrown the elite-x wasp. I realize they are OOP and i have head the Wasp might go OOP all together but was curious how these work in various stages of wear? Currently i throw various kc rocs and comets and was curious how the worn wasp would compare to the worn rocs. I have heard that the wasp is lil faster and more overstable but i have zero experience with them. Also i have heard about pro-d wasps but i have never seen any..anyone have any experience with these? Really dont need or want to get away from rocs really just curious. Thanks for the feedback guys.. also did a search but couldnt really find anything about Elite-X or Pro-D Wasps just Z or ESP for the most part.

yeah i dont have any real proof or anything but just been talk of it on here over the last month or what not

I cant comment on how it flies but I got a brand new on in "the black bag" that might just be up for sale in the near future ;) I can say that I really like the way it feels though.

^^^ yeah if you decide to part hit me up.. seen a good many on ebay and stuff.. not really a big want but wouldnt mind getting one or two just to mess with.. got some trades tho :p

Wasp

I have a 177g Elite-X Wasp I use during the winter now. When I first started it was my OS midrange. I have better form now so it'll turn right at max power or into a headwind. When used with the right amount of power or HF angle the Elite-X Wasp flies straight and ends with a moderate amount of fade. If I had to equate it to a current production disc I would say it's similar to a MVP Vector or a worn Star Roc-Plus - it's hard to compare discs.

^^^ yeah if you decide to part hit me up.. seen a good many on ebay and stuff.. not really a big want but wouldnt mind getting one or two just to mess with.. got some trades tho :p

yeah there is a 3 piece deal on ebay right now. If I were gonna sell it would be the entire bag as a whole and the sad part is I keep adding to it lol.

how did the wasps work for ya? notice a big change going to the rocs? i love my rocs and have no reason to change but have been a fan of most of the discraft mids i have thrown and just never messed with the wasp so really just curious. The elite-x still seem pretty easy to find and not that pricey.. havent really seen any pro-d's around tho..one on ebay now

I have been throwing x-wasp for the past three years. My current 177g x-wasp has been in the sweet spot wear stage for almost 2 years. The couple lighter weights that I used to throw started to turn with and broke in quicker than this orange 177g. It likes to fly very straight when to snap it right. It doesn't seem to have the fade at the end like a new KC Pro Roc and doesn't beat in like a great DX Rancho Roc for great big gradual sliding turnovers.

Does anyone have news on a D, X, or even ESP wasp? I love my buzzz, but the z plastic is a bit slippery for shots that need total control. An esp buzzz would become understable. I use a max weight Z buzzz and Incan get some turn out of it. A wasp cycle would be perfect.

i now have a LE glow Z wasp that is very flexible and nice
they also make FLX glow wasp that would be as slick

I have two z wasps one is worn and if thrown flat it will turn slowly and finish flat and to the right but on a small hyzer just goes dead straight the other is a flat top meathook both in the bag :)

i now have a LE glow Z wasp that is very flexible and nice
they also make FLX glow wasp that would not be as slick

Edit: not be as slick

I don't think they would cycle very well, because it would take forever.

I have thrown X-wasps since they came out but I'm on the last one.

The nice part about the X-wasp's was that the plastic beats in slowly and retains the "sweet spot" for a very long time.

Discrafts' elite-x is an outstanding plastic for the wasp mold because of this. I have never had much luck with a Buzzz or comet, but gave up buying x-wasps due to how hard they are to find now.

Innova's old "pro" plastic was very close to the feel of this as the old Super Roc's were also great throwing discs. Reminds me of my pro-Wraith days . . . great disc, why did I stop throwing it again?

Millennium's standard plastic (I throw it and still get confused with their names . . .go figure) is very similar also and I'm breaking in Sentinels to fill the x-wasp spot. Although the Sentinel has a much more overstable flight off the shelf, the disc really works well both fh and bh and actually starts to beat in unlike the life time commitment of Z, champion, star, etc.

I miss the x-wasp, if anyone's going hunting for the best ones, they're the tourney stamped ones from 2003-2004ish. I still hold out hope that my "flying squirrels" stamped x-wasp makes it back home . . .. . . . out there buried in the leaves all lonely I bet.